1984: USA Launches Disinfo Ministry of Truth

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed May 11 20:31:59 PDT 2022

Rand Paul Grills DHS Head On Creepy 'Ministry Of Truth'

https://summit.news/2022/05/05/video-rand-paul-grills-dhs-head-on-creepy-ministry-of-truth/
https://summit.news/2022/05/02/video-dhs-head-claims-ministry-of-truth-will-not-have-operational-authority/

Senator Rand Paul grilled Department of Homeland Security Secretary
Alejandro Mayorkas on the recently announced “disinformation
governance board” Wednesday, noting that there isn’t even an agreement
of what disinformation is and that the government has a long history
of propagating it.

Paul questioned Mayorkas on the new board, which has been dubbed a
‘Ministry of Truth’ by critics, referencing George Orwell’s 1984.

The Senator asked the DHS head “Do you think the Steele dossier
included Russian disinformation?” prompting Mayorkas to answer that he
is “not equipped” to answer that.

Paul followed up, “You say your new disinformation board is going to
help the public with disinformation. You claim it is not going to be
about domestic, it is going to be about foreigners. Those evil
Russians.”

    “Here’s my question,” he continued, "The FBI concludes that the
Steele dossier was full of Russian disinformation. CNN propagated this
disinformation gladly for years and years. The difference between your
opinion and our opinion is that no matter how despicable it is that
CNN propagated this disinformation, I wouldn’t lecture them, I
wouldn’t put it on a government website that CNN is wrong for
propagating disinformation.”

“We can’t even agree what disinformation is!” Paul asserted, adding
“You can’t even agree that it was disinformation the Russians fed
information to the Steele Dossier!”

Mayorkas responded, “Where we become involved is where there is a
connectivity between disinformation and threats to the security of the
homeland.”

“Well, the Russians might be considered that,” Paul fired back, adding
“You mentioned that the other day when you tried to pivot away from
this being about censorship.”

“Let’s say you find a piece of disinformation and CNN is broadcasting
it, what are you going to do? Are you going to tell Putin, ‘you
shouldn’t do this’?” Paul further questioned.

Mayorkas then attempted to divert away from Paul’s point by talking
about drug cartels.

Watch:

Elsewhere during the hearing, Mayorkas admitted that he was “not
aware” of the batshit crazy videos that his new Ministry of Truth head
Nina Jankowicz has previously posted on social media.

    Didn’t interview anyone else; didn’t know about her TikTok videos—
So why was she picked? How did they know who she was?
https://t.co/fFJRMKMX87
    — Vanessa (@Nessakins_) May 4, 2022

    You can just call me the Mary Poppins of disinformation 💁🏻‍♀️
https://t.co/eGV9lpctYn pic.twitter.com/WVQFA2bPmq
    — Nina Jankowicz 🇺🇦🇺🇸 (@wiczipedia) February 17, 2021

As we noted earlier this week, Jankowicz has said that free speech
makes her ‘shudder’ and falsely labeled the Hunter Biden laptop story
‘Russian disinformation’.

When pressed on the matter by Republican Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy,
Mayorkas said “I was not aware of that,” adding “We do not discuss the
internal hiring process, ultimately as the secretary, I’m responsible
for the decisions of the Department of Homeland Security.”

He continued, “it is my understanding that Ms. Jankowicz is a subject
matter expert in the field in which she will be working on behalf of
the department.”

Jankowicz is also on video describing legitimate concerns about the
teaching of Critical Race Theory in Loudoun County schools as
‘disinformation for profit’,

The full Senate hearing with Mayorkas is below: