Censorship: Twitter Takeover Totally Panics Political Regime of LeftLibDemSocMediaTechPol

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed May 11 20:09:14 PDT 2022

Bill Gates, the Debunked COVID Tech Darling, Claims Musk Buyout Could
Make Twitter "Worse"

Bill Gates might still be sore from Elon Musk's Twitter meme-ing (one
of which mocked the Microsoft founder in one memorable, if digitally
altered, image) because he shared some fighting words Thursday while
speaking during a Wall Street Journal conference on Wednesday.

Speaking at the WSJ's CEO Summit Wednesday, Gates told the audience
that, from his vantage point, it's unclear how Musk will change
Twitter if and when he takes ownership. Gates also mentioned the
possibility that a Musk-owned Twitter could play a greater role in
spreading disinformation.

Still, Gates couldn't help but offer a few back-handed compliments to
Musk (who recently leaked a series of texts with the billionaire
showing him mocking Gates over his short position in Tesla). And while
Gates said he "kind of doubt[s]" that Musk would achieve the same
level of success with Twitter, "we should never underestimate Elon".

Notably, Gates addressed Musk's "insults" (which CNBC amusingly
refused to reprint), saying they don't bother him. He also questioned
Musk's intentions behind his pro-free speech stance.

    "How does he feel about something [on Twitter] that says 'vaccines
kill people' or that 'Bill Gates is tracking people?'" Gates asked.

    "What are his goals for what it ends up being? Does that match
this idea of less extreme falsehoods spreading so quickly [and] weird
conspiracy theories? Does he share that goal or not?" Gates said.

Expounding on the subject of vaccine misinformation, Gates claimed
that it would be difficult for Twitter to do an effective job of
excising misinformation (keep in mind: Gates is talking about
misinformation that mostly has a direct impact on him) with the
leadership having espoused such a radical stance.

    "When you don’t have the trusted leaders speaking out about
vaccines, it’s pretty hard for the platform to work against that," he
admitted. "So I think we have a leadership problem and we have a
platform problem."

Keep in mind: Musk recently succeeded Gates as the world's richest man.