1984: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed May 11 17:15:09 PDT 2022

What Is DARPA Planning With The WEF?

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/darpa-wef/

https://silview.media/2021/05/25/foia-release-remote-mind-control-linked-to-darpas-brain-mapping-in-2018/
https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2013/04/02/fact-sheet-brain-initiative
https://www.darpa.mil/news-events/2016-10-13
https://www.darpa.mil/news-events/2018-11-30
https://www.darpa.mil/news-events/2018-03-16
https://www.advisory.com/Daily-Briefing/2013/12/13/Thousands-of-military-veterans-were-lobotomized-after-WWII
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2021/09/421541/treating-severe-depression-demand-brain-stimulation
https://www.safetrek.com/product/terminated-the-end-of-man-is-here/
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/08/virtual-reality-religion-robots-sapiens-book
https://www.darpa.mil/about-us/budget
https://basedunderground.com/2021/07/24/bioengineering-company-ginkgo-bioworks-ties-together-darpa-bill-gates-wef-transhumanism-and-the-great-reset/
https://www.theorganicprepper.com/natural-alternatives-depression-no-pharmacy/

In 2013, President Obama awarded $100 million in grant money to launch
the BRAIN (Brain Research through Advancing Innovative
Neurotechnologies) Initiative. This program conducts
neurotechnological research in the name of treating various
neurological disorders, including Alzheimer’s, epilepsy, and brain
injuries.

By 2016, the BRAIN Initiative was supported by multiple federal
agencies and dozens of partners in the academic and private sectors.
Some of the research sounds fascinating. They have been investigating
ways to deliver naturalistic sensations to amputees, as well as
restoring brain function in people that have suffered severe brain
trauma. I can see this being a godsend to people with severe injuries
or amputations.

Some of the other stated applications I’m not so sure about.

I look at the proposed treatment for mental illness, and I can’t help
but be reminded of the thousands of lobotomies performed on World War
II veterans back in the 1940s and 50s. We’ve tried manipulating brain
tissue before to deal with individuals suffering from PTSD. It didn’t
always go well.

DARPA’s research involves treating brain networks. The Systems Based
Neurotechnology for Emerging Therapies (SUBNETS) program involves
therapies that treat psychiatric illness by recording and analyzing
brain activity with near-real-time brain stimulation to correct brain
dysfunction.

This research, begun under Obama’s BRAIN Initiative almost ten years
ago, has translated into some real-world success stories. Some people
have indeed experienced real relief from the symptoms of severe
depression with targeted brain stimulation.

I am genuinely happy some individuals have found relief from
depression, but the jump to expensive technological solutions in
treating mental illness, particularly in combat veterans, will always
rub me the wrong way.
Not enough emphasis has been placed on low-tech solutions.

With the new technologies being introduced in the name of treating
combat veterans, I feel as though it’s a way for the people who live
behind desks, far away from physical danger, to absolve themselves of
responsibility for getting us into wars to begin with.

It’s the mentality of a child that breaks a toy in a fit of rage, then
fixes it and acts like nothing ever happened. Getting better at fixing
things doesn’t absolve the guilty party of initial wrongs committed.
Avoiding war should be the first priority.

Members of Congress should not be allowed to own shares in defense
contracting companies because, as two-time Medal of Honor recipient
Maj. General Smedley Butler so famously said, “War is a racket.”

There will be combat veterans who, yes, absolutely need medical
interventions. I’m glad we have the treatments that we do. But many
veterans also suffer from milder depression and anxiety. They would
probably simply benefit from clear-cut missions that give them a sense
of pride in their accomplishments and provide meaningful context to
their experiences overseas.
Refusing to engage in conflicts overseas without a mostly-supportive
general public would also help.

One of the reasons I got so depressed after my brother got killed in
Afghanistan was that, as soon as I’d say something about losing my
brother, the average American suburban mom would come up with a reason
why it was actually my family’s own fault for being so violent. Many
members of the military and their families encounter this, and yes, it
will make you depressed.

But we don’t need drugs or experimental therapies to fix that problem.
That problem gets solved when individuals choose not to be
insensitive. It is normal to experience sad feelings when sad things
happen. We’re pathologizing everything that makes us uncomfortable or
inconvenienced.

More than a decade after the fact, I have made my peace with the
universe as far as my brother is concerned. I will always miss him,
but the loss no longer dominates my waking thoughts. I had to make
some major life changes. My marriage ended, I moved, and I left the
church in which I grew up…but I made a lot of new friends, I found a
new support network, and I have peace of mind.
I didn’t need drugs or experimental therapies. I needed love, support,
and patience.

But no one gets rich off providing those things! No one’s stock in
defense companies goes up when we’re all loving and supportive of one
another. And it’s hard. Most people would rather put their money into
expensive high-tech solutions than put emotional energy into low-tech
ones.

We don’t want to treat each other as brothers and sisters of the
earth. We want to treat each other as equations to solve or as
machines to be hacked. DARPA has made progress manipulating brain
function via surgically implanted electrodes. They are also
researching non-surgical methods to do the same.

Depression debilitates many people every year. Having another way to
treat sufferers benefits us all.

DARPA claims that they conduct research with only the health and
well-being of the public, but especially wounded soldiers, in mind.
Though, as someone who spent about five years accused of mental
illness, I have to ask: who gets to decide when someone’s brain is
dysfunctional?

And with every new technology comes new risks.
What are the risks here of the DARPA BRAIN Initiative?

When we open up channels between human brains and electronic devices,
we create new pathways of communication. In his 1928 book Propaganda,
Edward Bernays states, “There is no means of communication which may
not also be a means of deliberate propaganda.” Every time we open up
new avenues of communication, we also open up new ways to be
manipulated.

Regardless of my own feelings about it, the technology toward
brain-digital interfacing has progressed a long way. And we have the
same argument that comes along with every burst of new technology.

Do the risks outweigh the gains?

Most of the time, we say no.
But let’s think about the internet.

The internet created a revolution in communications, the like of which
we have not seen since the invention of the printing press. And are we
not subjected to more propaganda than ever? Does it not take more and
more effort to sift the truth from the half-truths and the outright
lies?

This is widely recognized, though I think we’re heading in the wrong
direction. Look at Biden’s newest creation, the Disinformation
Governance Board. Ostensibly created to crack down on Russian
misinformation and smuggling on the U.S.-Mexico border, the DGB will
ultimately stifle dissent. Many people in alternative media are
worried about the implications of this. If you’re more concerned about
the truth than about the current official narrative, you should be
too. (Want uninterrupted, uncensored access to The Organic Prepper?
Check out our paid-subscription newsletter.)

For now, as pervasive as the internet is, one can still turn it off. I
can still shut my laptop and go talk to my kids or work in my garden
as the need arises. As humans’ ability to manipulate brain waves via
electronic stimulation progresses, it will be more and more difficult
to “get away.”

Again, think about what life was like before the internet. Back in the
1980s, when Dad was home from work, he was home from work.

Twenty years later, he was never “off.”

The email notifications never ended. In the digital age, many people
are never really off work. Opening up entirely new channels of
communication is simply another step along that path of constant
interconnection. Are we really ready for it?

(Want to learn how to starve the beast? Check out our free QUICKSTART Guide.)
And it would be naïve in the extreme to think that none of this
research by DARPA could be used for nefarious purposes.

DARPA only discusses the peaceful, medical aspects of their
neuroscientific research. But a funny thing turned up in a FOIA
request back in 2018.

A journalist for Muckrock magazine sent in a FOIA request regarding
Antifa/BLM activity. Along with the information he requested, another
file was accidentally slipped in with everything else.

The Muckrock journalist was shocked by his accidental find, to say the
least, and they published this back in 2018.   It’s unclear how much
progress has been made in weaponizing the human-digital interface, but
people are thinking about it, and it looks like they have been for a
long time.

Now, DARPA may be full of the most selfless public servants dedicated
to nothing but the safety and well-being of the American people. But a
funny thing about technology is that it has a way of escaping, and
there are plenty of groups out there who emphatically do not have the
well-being of the American people in mind. I can imagine they are
pretty interested in brain mapping and manipulation too. (Learn more
about the move toward transhumanism here.)
One man in particular who regularly speaks of humans as machines to be
“hacked” is Dr. Yuval Harari.

He took part in a roundtable discussion on Hacking Humans hosted by
the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL).

The thought of this man, or anyone with his mindset, having control
over other humans is disturbing in the extreme. Dr. Harari believes in
the inherent superiority of algorithms. He insists humans kill
everything around them and that the majority are only capable of
thinking in the short term.

To have any life left at all, we must rely on algorithms to make
decisions for us. Dr. Harari says that humans have never been as free
as we thought and that the concept of freedom is mostly just a
collection of bio-cultural factors. He goes on to say that people with
a firm sense of their own free will are dangerous but easy to
manipulate.

Dr. Harari’s contempt for human individuals and their respective
cultures has no limits. In his 2017 article written for The Guardian,
he discusses the future of the “useless class,” the large amounts of
people that will soon be unemployable due to the inherent superiority
of robots.
Dr. Harari works with the World Economic Forum and so, unfortunately,
does DARPA.

While DARPA claims to work primarily with the interests of the United
States at heart, what happens to their $3.8 billion per year budget
tells another story. You can go down a real rabbit hole trying to find
every last detail about where their money goes, but for the purposes
of this article, it should suffice to say that they direct a great
deal of money to the same bioengineering firms as the WEF. If DARPA
knows how to do something, it’s safe to assume that the control fiends
at the WEF will soon know it, too.

You could also go down a philosophical rabbit hole here. The story of
men creating something and then worshiping it goes back to the Old
Testament. Men used to worship statues of Dagon and Moloch. Today,
instead of statuary, we have all-knowing algorithms. That impulse to
worship the works of our hands remains. Human nature never changes.

And the tendency for power to corrupt never changes. We are gradually
gaining the power to manipulate brain function. Do we believe that
this kind of power will never be corrupted?