Fw: confirm 273603a0ebe9ecc9238069493e5b4d3886e1842e

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed May 11 13:14:26 PDT 2022

Sorry this happened to you.

On Wed, May 11, 2022, 3:58 PM <revevilgod at gmx.com> wrote:

> Punk's probably crying, trying to get me off this list.Try harder cunt
>
> > Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 9:09 PM
> > From: cypherpunks-request at lists.cpunks.org
> > To: revevilgod at gmx.com
> > Subject: confirm 273603a0ebe9ecc9238069493e5b4d3886e1842e
> >
> > Mailing list removal confirmation notice for mailing list cypherpunks
> >
> > We have received a request from 144.24.162.178 for the removal of your

I guess it's normal to reverse lookup this ip.
I got Europe/London area using geoip2-database, which is low-end. I didn't
get a reverse lookup result, which seems strange to me. Maybe things have
changed since that was useful.

It's better to have access to the system receiving the malicious requests.

> email address, "revevilgod at gmx.com" from the
> > to be removed from this mailing list, simply reply to this message,
> > keeping the Subject: header intact.  Or visit this web page:
> >

> https://lists.cpunks.org/mailman/confirm/cypherpunks/273603a0ebe9ecc9238069493e5b4d3886e1842e
> >

> > Or include the following line -- and only the following line -- in a
> > message to cypherpunks-request at lists.cpunks.org:
> >
> >     confirm 273603a0ebe9ecc9238069493e5b4d3886e1842e

I could be wrong, but it looks like this secret line can be used to remove
you now you've shared it. Might be good to resubscribe or contact greg, if
you want to be sure you stay on.

Mailing list technology still seems old, dunno if there's private key
authentication support yet, for example, which is unfortunate if true.