[ot][spam][crazy] The Trials of Mediating Algorithms

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue May 10 03:10:34 PDT 2022

0608

I'm a little confused around my goals with my mediatek phone.

I'm aware of these specific parts:
- flash an open source operating system
- be able to dump firmware images for security

We could call the goals "OS" and "IMG".

IMG can appear partly compromised if access to the phone's firmware is
not reliable. If there is a way for code to be installed that fakes
the firmware download. In the end, a possible and likely solution to
that would be to wire directly to the arm chip on the board. I don't
need to do that here. I'm happy just making progress; improving my
habits.

But the imperfection of the IMG goal if the flasher I'm using uses an
exploit that I don't understand, can seem strongly to make it hard to
hold and relate with other things.