[ot][spam][crazy] The Trials of Mediating Algorithms

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue May 10 02:45:18 PDT 2022

One big challenge for me has been graphics libraries. Displaying anything
visual for me has gotten difficult in great depth.

Graphics libraries are a great way to open api challenges for me, there's
always pressure.

It's so hard to think of software integration.

One of the big daunting parts is the number of api functions that can be
involved. It just _feels_ so hard, to have more than three or so api
functions at once -- and real libraries may have hundreds of these.

With dissociation, I can describe relatively easily some coping strategies
that could work for these. For example, noting down similarities,
properties, or patterns in specs while reviewing them. Porting an API
doesn't need to require a huge short term memory, although it's certainly
most intuitive to do it with use of one.

Maybe when comparing two apis I might scroll down both lists, either in
parallel or in sequence, and implement every function in both. So, each
time I encounter an api function, I could for example look through the ones
I've written, and make sure it's included. This can in theory only require
remembering one function at once, although in reality some
conceptualisation needs to be sustained around norms and patterns of the
whole or of larger groups of functions.

It used to be a simple, relaxing, and satisfying task, like knitting a
scarf. A rote thing that makes something organised and quality at the end.

Maybe some of that relaxation can get inhibited if one has to handle memory
problems, or is triggered in some way by executive organisation tasks.
Maybe that's my biggest issue, even, engaging these difficulties I have
without disrupting work.

Sometimes, rarely, I'm in a state of mind where I can just do it, and
powerhouse through. This is pretty rare and random-seeming.