[ot][wrong] Please let me sleep outdoors in the coldest winter. Was: Re: PLEASE LET ME SLEEP OUTDOORS

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Fri May 6 05:53:34 PDT 2022

> book notes

- one day he just decided to relax in a frozen over pond, felt great,
> no danger experienced. duration; time seemed like 1:00-1;30 [note: my
> personal experience with these natural experiences is that they tend
> to feel shorter than they actually are]

left out: the opposite is true to. they can feel much longer than they
actually are.

chapter 3: cold showers

- in your soul you know you are capable of anything you seek
- trusting that heat is unnecessary yielded strong intuition and judgement.
Civilized to Death, a book by Chris Ryan.

- cold works the vascular system. we have vascular diseases from not doing
this. the human vascular system is 62k miles long, 2.5x the length of the
planet, and is surrounded by millions of small muscles that regulate our
temperature via it.

core temperature:
- normal: 98.6 degrees F
- hypothermic state: 95.6-96.6 degrees F
- deadly loss of homeostasis: below 95.6 degrees F

- wearing clothes and using fire weaken our vascular muscles from disuse.
wim hof says this puts burden on our heart to take more responsibility for
our blood pressure, stimulating cardiovascular illness.

- a daily cold shower gives the vascular muscles exercise, deterring these
illnesses, although you won't hear a pharmaceutical corporation recommend
it, as it isn't a drug.

- at first cold water is a shock and one may gasp even repeatedly, but over
time one comes to crave it, the more often cold showers are taken.

- when society gives no answers, nature does. wim hof found cold water and
vascular fitness.

- 10 days of cold showers: heart rate reduces by 15-30 bpm, day and night.
wim hof says this reduces harmful stress to your body by reducing unneeded
release of adrenaline and cortisol, and hence you have more capacity for
normal stresses of life such as workplace or travel disputes.

- after training in cold, then yoga in the snow without shirt or shoes.
adaptation to snow cold within 15 minutes. our human nature is to have a
fit vascular system and be happy without warm clothes in the snow, after 15
minutes. our lack of exposure to cold prevents us from reaching this nature.

- 10 days of a minute or two of cold water after a warm shower: conscious
ability to contract vascular muscles when exposed to the cold.

Beginner Protocol
- prepare body for less shock when going into ice water
- 30 seconds of cold water at the end of a warm or hot shower, is easy,
although it can be discomfortable at first
- the repetition works the vascular muscles: closing and opening
- start with 15 seconds for a week, then 30 seconds or more after vascular
muscle tone has improved
- with improved tone, better blood flow throughout the day gives more energy
- after 30 seconds, you can feel the conscious connection with your gasp
and shiver reflexes. [ed note: these may be part of relation with vascular
system. vascular muscle is smooth muscle, so we do not usually consciously
feel it directly.]

Week 1: 30 seconds cold after warm
Week 2: 1:00 cold after warm
Week 3: 1:30 cold after warm
Week 4: 2:00 cold after warm

- do gradually and slowly, at least five days a week. following the
feeling, don't force, fine to start with 15 seconds and do it slower, see
20 day challenge.

- first benefits begin at 60 deg F, so cold tap water is cold enough to
start off.

- as vascular system strengthens, shock of cold reduces. tangibly feel more
energized, strong, healthy, throughout the day.

- after 4th week 2:00, your mind becomes stronger than the cold. there will
be no shock if you will there to not be, engaging your vascular muscles in
preparation. you find you can engage this over different areas of your body
and direct it. starting just with a short bit of cold water.

- prehistorically, we needed our vascular system to do this, to protect our
heart, lungs, brain. imagine an ancient human venturing deep into a cold
cave or other area with no modern gear. we get sick if our vascular system
is disused. our vascular system is like our immune system, keeping us
healthy if we keep it healthy. otherwise, we need coats and antibiotics.

- cold showers and a toned vascular system give a deep healthy peace. the
cold gives information on one's own wellbeing, rather than conflict.

- take these things as a mantra for the discomfort of cold showers: that it
will give you a lot more energy. that it will reduce your heart rate. that
it will let your cells get the oxygen and nutrients they need. wim hof
keeps this mantra after 43 years. you will feel amazing.

- after 10 days you'll be addicted to cold showers because it feels so good
afterward. your deeper parts open up because the water is freezing.

- the cold is the teacher, and you learn to control your stress, in all
sorts of situations, after only 10 days.

- a minute or two, tops, then can increase after 10 days

- can reach meditative state

- wim hof participated in 2018 muzik and diwadkar, relating exposure to
cold water with brain activity and skin temperature. wim hof's skin
temperature did not reduce as the other subjects did.

Getting Warm
- brown fat tissue and intercostal respiration muscles can be activated to
warm the body
- sit down
- inhale slowly + deeply 5-6 times, exhaling naturally
- inhale fully
- relax to exhale
- inhale fully
- hold the breath for 5 seconds at most
- tense the upper back muscles and chest while holding the breath, but not
the head nor the jaw
- let go

- everybody is different, but with practice, one feels the heat coming
- wim hof did this to prevent measured temperature loss

- wim hof had always found ways to warm himself instinctively, but when
being scientifically scanned he was asked not to do his breathing
exercises. with inner searching and remembering, after a day of failure, he
found he could consciously engage his body warmth with only his mind, and
this was measured. his skin temperature was a degree warmer than normal
during the experiment. the scans showed him activating rare parts of his
brain, usually engaged with pharmaceuticals.

- be competitive: learn to regulate your state

- a story is told about the hiding of the soul. wherever it is hidden,
people travel to win to it. so, it is within us. one can become very
powerful accessing it, and must use this power for good.

- completely free way to engage depression, illness, fear, that society is
ignoring, intended by nature. we can control far more of our mind and body
than we are, with only 10 days of cold showers.

- where our mind goes, blood flows. it can be very hard to do things when
one isn't engaged for them. it doesn't have to be that way.

- when you learn to engage these deeper parts of your brain, when you do so
you'll feel no cold, no stress, but rather warm and great.

- more studies on this are happening.

- wim hof lost his wife of 4 children to suicide in 95, despite
pharmacology. development of his technique shows healing modalities can
grow.

- what does a happy person need? nothing, because they are happy. become
happy with us.

- cold is merciless and righteous, and makes us strong, and returns us to
our best condition. it tackles cardiovascular disease, depression, chronic
pain, and inflammation.

- a minute or two of cold shower per day

Ice Water Bath for Warmer Hands or Feet

- fill a bucket 1/3rd ice, 2/3rds water
- focus on your hands and feet
- place your hands or feet into the bucket
- hold the hands or feet in the ice water for two minutes. at some point,
they should feel warm in the water instead of cold.
- remove your hands or feet, but keep focusing on them
- shake them out several times to encourage blood flow into the activated
areas

temperature drops to 50 deg F, warming the area with blood flow.
- people with cold hands or feet have poor vasoconstriction and dilation.
- if you have cold hands or feet, do the exercise daily to strengthen these
vein muscles. results begin after a couple days.

Next chapter: Breathing