War re Ukraine: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue May 3 18:24:20 PDT 2022

> Putin the invader criminal continues to destroy
> entire cities and murder maim starve and ruin
> many civilian lifes...

While still blasting away murdering the injured and
starving trapped in Mariupol, now Putin the asshole
just launch massive new attacks on main western
cities like Lviv...

Hypocrite Russia is also getting much armaments,
supplies, money, trade, and supports from many
other countries and routes... but uses same
excuse to bomb Ukraine everywhere.

When will the bastard Putin die...

Barrage Of Cruise Missiles Rock Western Ukraine, Plunging Lviv Into Darkness

On Tuesday multiple media correspondents reporting from the western
Ukrainian city of Lviv said they heard several large blasts in the
evening hours. It has since emerged that railway power substations are
coming under attack, after the Kremlin last week indicated its
military would ramp up efforts to thwart Western arms deliveries into
Ukraine.

Ukrainian Railways has announced Tuesday night that a number of trains
are delayed after the blasts. "In particular, trains have been
detained at the entrance to Lviv, information is being updated," a
statement from the rail authority quoted by CNN said. The attacks,
which are being called the biggest cruise missile strikes on Lviv and
perhaps across Ukraine since the war's start, have knocked out power
and internet to parts of the city. Vital power and train stations have
also been hit in other key areas of the country Tuesday night (local
time).

    Confirmed: An internet disruption has been registered in Lviv,
western Ukraine, amid reports of explosions and power outages
following a Russian missile strike; real-time network data show
connectivity down to 87% https://t.co/VD8tMFSwEG via @netblocks
pic.twitter.com/rUsWPdOyKo
    — Liveuamap (@Liveuamap) May 3, 2022

Traffic throughout the city also came to a halt, correspondents on the
ground noted. Largescale strikes on Lviv have been a rarity throughout
Russia's over 2-month long invasion, given the major Western city's
distance from the frontlines of fighting, which remains in Donbas as
well as to the south.

Whole sections of the city are also without power:

    Lviv Mayor Andrii Sadovyi said that parts of the city are without
power. Sadovyi also said that "as a result of the missile strikes, two
power substations were damaged."

Explosions were reported in multiple locations across the city,
including in positions south, east and west.

It's believed though unconfirmed that at least five cruise missiles
slammed into Lviv - and there were many more across other parts of the
country.

    #BREAKING: Large smoke column over Lviv, Ukraine following
reported Russian cruise missile strikes. https://t.co/JoYTwK8XS5
pic.twitter.com/yMRssccdch
    — Moshe Schwartz (@YWNReporter) May 3, 2022

CNN correspondents are reporting:

    Blasts heard in Lviv, Ukraine, coming from east, south and west of
the city center. One site is close to the city center. From another, a
huge plume of black smoke can be seen billowing across sky. All the
lights across city appear to be out.

    The moment of one of the missile strikes on Lviv #Ukraine.
According to local officials, three electrical substations were
damaged. pic.twitter.com/JQGutUNNbl
    — Ostap Yarysh (@OstapYarysh) May 3, 2022

The Monday prior, Russian forces attacked at least six railway
stations and facilities, some of them also near Lviv.

    Multiple Russian cruise missile strikes on infrastructure targets
across Ukraine tonight, parts of Lviv without power. Likely the
biggest barrage since the beginning of the war.
    — Yaroslav Trofimov (@yarotrof) May 3, 2022

Ukraine's military command previously commented that targeting rails
has been part of ongoing Russian efforts to completely disable the
country's military transport infrastructure, specifically with an eye
on foreign arms transfers as what the Kremlin previously dubbed
"legitimate targets". Kiev and the UN have also condemned attacks on
civilians and vital civilian transport at a time of unprecedented
numbers of internally displaced war refugees.

A Ukrainian military statement published last week alerted the public
that the Russians "are trying to destroy the supply routes of
military-technical assistance from partner states. To do this, they
focus strikes on railway junctions."

    #Russia has hit an "infrastructure facility" in the mountains of
Zakarpattia Oblast, the governor says. The 1st strike in the
westernmost region.
    Tonight 🇷🇺 targeted railways system. I'm afraid, they hit the
Beskydy Tunnel in the Carpathian between Zakarpattia and Lviv Oblasts.
https://t.co/jbWkhY8rP0
    — Alexander Khrebet/Олександр Хребет (@AlexKhrebet) May 3, 2022

The below video was reportedly taken days ago:

    Man riding a train witnessed a Russian cruise missile attack on
Fastiv 2 days ago.

    After he started recording, a second missile hit close to the train.

    Dramatic footage from an attack that could have killed dozens of
passengers. pic.twitter.com/D4mCGcTuXm
    — Visegrád 24 (@visegrad24) May 1, 2022

And further attacks on railway and power infrastructure are being
reported into the Tuesday night hours in various parts of the country.

    🚨 Alert is over in Western Ukraine but not everywhere: Cherkasy,
Kropyvnytskyi, Mikolaiv & Odesa in Central Ukraine, & Luhansk in the
East, are still on high alert.

    In Lviv, there are power & water outages in some parts of the
city, officials say they're working on fixing it.
pic.twitter.com/LxyZRKB0tb
    — Emmanuelle Chaze (@EmmanuelleChaze) May 3, 2022

A number of cities continue to be on high alert as the Russian
military is apparently increasing its targeting of power and transport
infrastructure sites.