[ot][personal][spam] trying to make my unihertz titan boot

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue May 3 08:03:54 PDT 2022

1035

I used the linux tool to read back some bytes and it looks like the device
has a normal dos/mbr partition table, which is cool given all the scatter
file weirdness

i'm going to struggle and try to strace the serial calls ;p

1035

1048

- scan: checks device tree that pid and vid are correct

1048

1055

it does a bunch of things prep involving "boot rom" and "scert" . each
module has its own separate logfile, with source line numbers even.
the strace would have been much easier to review if i'd prevent ellision of
long strings. then the logs would all be interleaved when written in one
doc.

fd13 = open("/dev/ttyACM0", O_RDWR|O_NOCTTY|O_NONBLOCK);
fcntl(fd13, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC);
ioctl(fd13, TCGETS, {B115200 -opost -isig -icanon -echo ...});

 I guess I should prevent ellision or put a breakpoint there to get the
rest of the serial port config. I can also check with stty.

ioctl(fd13, TCFLSH, TCIOFLUSH);
ioctl(fd13, TIOCMBIS, [TIOCM_DTR|TIOCM_RTS]);

that looks important, it could be raising serial lines

// log reports open complete, initating connection

1101

write(fd13, "\240" , 1);

holy frack the GLB logfile logs raw serial reads and writes! I barely need
to use strace.

I could start writing a hand flasher from the proprietary flasher's logfile
as soon as I had the serial parameters right. maybe I'll make an strace
without ellision.

1103