Cypherpunks Mailing List Info

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Mon May 2 16:11:36 PDT 2022

There have been quite a few branches of cpunks by those who want a particular version rather than the whole thing. A few have lasted, like the cryptography list,but most peter out after a while.

Subscribers come and go, some come back, some stay for the same old shit, adding to the pile, and watch newbies trash and bash the list, try to make it into something they want and usually fail due to nobody wanting to do whatever the meddler wants to do.

Commonplace are subscribers who keep their identity private, use pseudos, vary their monikers, provoke and condemn, try to get the host to fix whatever rubs them wrongly. Go away frustrated to try their pukefest elsewhere.

Some subscribers die, sign up to be an undercover TLA informer, accuse others of being rat finks, dispense rumors and disinfo and misinfo and hatred and prejudice and condescension and stupidity.

Same bullshit happens on all social media, nowhere to find the perfect place to be the king of fuck-ups so only bots can do the cult of magic, for a fee of course.