[ot][personal][spam] trying to make my unihertz titan boot

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon May 2 08:17:04 PDT 2022

1107

booting into graphical mode, I again encountered that my touchpad is broken.

these things broke shortly after the warranty expired.

it turns out my wifi card disappears when I go into graphical mode, which
has halted the download. I found this trying to websearch on the system for
gnome mousekeys.

1108

restarting networkmanager got wifi going

1109

ctrl-alt-tab can be used to switch to the gnome task bar like an
application. I can get from there to settings but haven't found how to
change settings tabs yet. ctrl-alt-tab again brings me to the menu where
there is an option for keyboard shortcuts: ctrl-S for search.

mouse keys is under universal access. I can hilight the switch for it but
neither space nor enter actually toggle it.

once hilighted, tab moves inward to the toggle button. it's set! 1113.

the mouse is very very slow. modifiers don't seem to speed it up. I guess
that's workable.

1115

my virtual machine setup is kinda cool, I have virt-manager using the root
partition as a raw image, so I can boot windows and linux from the same
disk simultaneously without conflict. this took some websearching and is a
little confusing a buggy.

1116

windows is still doing all its updates. maybe come back to this later,
unsure