[ot][spam][crazy] The Trials of Controlling a Programmer

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:51:21 PDT 2022

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022, 5:42 PM Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of
Many <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> 0539

*1739

> I copied the working block below the failing block.
>
> The blocks are now:
> 1 copied from failing
> 2 working blocks
> 1 original failing block
> 1 working block
>
> This is producing 4 characters of output, from 5 identical blocks. A
> working theory is that only the original failing block is failing, which
> can be tested by removing it. An alternative theory could be that only the
> last block is failing. A tertiary theory could be that a different block is
> failing each time, or that it the unexpected output is unrelated to failure
> of a block.
>
> As I type this I will likely make errors from my perception issues.

1749

Output drops to three when the "failing" block's output line is removed!

This means it is not my delusion of it being when and how the source bytes
were written, which makes it much easier to troubleshoot.

I'm guessing there's some code after all the blocks that quickly removes
the character last output. Something nice and logical.

Whew.