Global Trucker Convoys - Freedom Is Happening

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 21:17:40 PDT 2022

Profiles In Courage: The Canadian Truckers
Celebrating the Winter of Love & the Worldwide Freedom Convoy Movement

https://margaretannaalice.substack.com/p/profiles-in-courage-the-canadian

[66][IMG]

“The importance of the event [the storming of the Bastille] lay simply
in the psychological fact that for the first time the people received an
obvious proof of the weakness of an authority which had lately been
formidable.

“When the principle of authority is injured in the public mind it
dissolves very rapidly. What might not one demand of a king who could
not defend his principal fortress against popular attacks? The master
regarded as all-powerful had ceased to be so.

“The taking of the Bastille was the beginning of one of those
phenomena of mental contagion which abound in the history of the
Revolution. The foreign mercenary troops, although they could scarcely
be interested in the movement, began to show symptoms of mutiny.”

—Gustave Le Bon, The Psychology of
Revolution ([67]paperback, [68]Kindle, [69]audiobook)

This profile may seem like old news. The [70]Canadian Truckers Freedom
Convoy is so February. The hypnotizing bauble is now yo-yoing
over [71]the Ukraine. That’s what we’re supposed to be [72]fixated
on now.

Forget about the [73]contagious [74]burst of freedom that [75]broke
out in Canada—and especially forget about the [76]emergency
powers seized by [77]Tyrant Trudeau without ever [78]deigning to
engage in [79]diplomatic talks with
the [80]truckers, [81]physicians, [82]veterans, [83]business owners,
or [84]ordinary citizens who gathered to support them.

Ottawa residents Alycia [85]@plantbasedb and [86]@SounguiFitness who
live in centertown curious about the protests went to check them out and
found only love and kindness. Songui brought his mother to the protests.
She had only seen the mainstream coverage and she changed her mind.
[87]pic.twitter.com/T9UB1DgJkN

— Rupa Subramanya (@rupasubramanya) [88]February 10, 2022

But I cannot forget. And I will not forget. Because what the Canadian
truckers achieved in that [89]courageous act of [90]peaceful mass
noncompliance is one of the most [91]beautiful expressions of what I
described as the secret to capsizing tyranny in my second
essay, [92]COVID IS OVER! … If You Want It, courtesy of [93]Étienne
de La Boétie’s [94]The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of
Voluntary Servitude:

“You can deliver yourselves if you try, not by taking action, but
merely by willing to be free. Resolve to serve no more, and you are at
once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple
him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will
behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away,
fall of his own weight and break into pieces.”

[95]This video from [96]Dr. Roger Hodkinson conveys the euphoria
that [97]erupted around the world as we witnessed the [98]Canadian
truckers—after [99]two cruel years of escalating
tyranny and [100]breaches of rights—stand up and say, “[101]NO! NO
MORE.”

[102]IFrame

The truckers did not do this for themselves. Indeed, they risked
everything—[103]their income, [104]their licenses, [105]their
rigs, [106]their assets, even [107]their freedom. The
State [108]threatened to take their children away and said that if they
were arrested, [109]their dogs would be seized and considered
“relinquished” after eight days. They fearlessly [110]put everything
on the line to fight for the freedom of not only Canadians but all of
humanity.

And what happened next was magic.

I call it the Winter of Love. When I saw this jubilant photo[111]1 of a
Canadian couple kissing while holding the Canadian flag aloft, I
immediately thought of [112]Alfred Eisenstaedt’s “[113]The Kiss”:

[114][IMG]

Both of these epic images capture the elation of liberation following
years of [115]terror, [116]repressions, and [117]fatalities wrought
by [118]totalitarian regimes. The first was a physical war, the
latter [119]psychological. Each teaches us the “[120]only thing we have
to fear is fear itself.”

During the most exuberant three-and-a-half weeks in Canadian history, tens
of thousands of citizens converged on Ottawa. Canadians like [121]Sirka
Sie—a reader, friend, and chef who sent me the opening video her
daughter filmed of her—leapt up and down on the side of the road,
cheering on the Freedom Convoy as it rolled through their neighborhoods.

Once the convoy reached Ottawa, kids frolicked in [122]bouncy
castles ([123]much to the chagrin of grinch
politicians); [124]grandmothers batch-baked muffins;
Sikhs [125]danced and [126]practiced seva by serving up free food; and
protesters broke into [127]snowball fights, played [128]street hockey,
soaked in [129]hot tubs, thawed out in [130]saunas, [131]roasted
marshmallows, whipped up batches of [132]cotton candy,
threw [133]pancake parties, set off [134]fireworks, [135]danced, and
sung “O Canada” while [136]hugging police officers and [137]“Lean
on Me” when cops arrived to arrest them in Milk River, Alberta.

This woman, a program director at a Calgary radio station, traveled to
Ottawa to [138]see the protest for herself, and an irrepressible smile
bubbles up as she finds herself awash in an ocean of love:

[139]IFrame

The last living signatory of the [140]Canadian Charter of Rights and
Freedoms, [141]Brian Peckford[142]2 delivered an [143]electrifying
speech in which he announced [144]the filing of a lawsuit against the
government for violating this sacred charter:

[145]IFrame

Naturally, Trudeau; [146]WEF-penetrated Cabinet members[147]3; and the
complicitous, [148]state-funded [149]media fabricated [150]an ersatz
narrative so [151]incongruous with the thousands of hours of
live-streamed joy that only the most brainwashed failed to recognize
the [152]uproarious dissonance.

[153]IFrame

In yet another demonstration of how closely the [154]establishment
left has [155]aligned itself with authoritarianism, public figures
like [156]Noam Chomsky, Amy Goodman, and Michael Moore unironically
bashed the working-class dissenters; [157]counter-protesters labeled
them “terrorists”; and so-called [158]“anarchists” vehemently
opposed them.

I [159]proudly drew ire from Montréal-based “anarcho-syndicalists”
Liberté Ouvrière for “support[ing] the truckers and talk[ing] of the
Great Reset, a conspiracy theory” in my [160]Letter to Justin Trudeau,
LOL.

And then, of course, you have tyranny apologists/propagandists
like [161]The Guardian mocking the idea of “standing up for freedom”
and equating the concept of freedom with right-wing extremism as part of
their “War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery, Ignorance Is Strength”
campaign.

The media [162]spray-painted these magnanimous, loving, responsible
folks as [163]Nazis, racists, misogynists, and transphobes (you know,
the usual repertoire of slurs slung when they can’t supply any
substantive criticisms)—all while the [164]Naziesque blackface
leader behaved like a petulant [165]tyrant, first tucking tail
and [166]hiding while feigning COVID, then [167]slandering the peaceful
protesters, then hysterically overreacting by [168]pole-vaulting to
a [169]last resort that was only to be invoked after all other avenues
had been exhausted (none of which had been attempted)—thus earning the
well-deserved descriptors as “[170]a disgrace to any democracy” by
German Member of the European Parliament (MEP) [171]Christine
Anderson and “[172]exactly like a tyrant, like a dictator” by
Romanian MEP [173]Cristian Terhes, all while presiding over “[174]a
dictatorship of the worst kind,” according to Croatian MEP [175]Mislav
Kolakusic.

[176]IFrame

Contrary to the media narrative, the protesters represented a
cross-section of every conceivable demographic (minus
pro-tyranny [177]Covidians), prompting some to [178]express their
disgust and others to wear signs asking, “Am I Racist?” and “Do I
Look Like a White Supremacist?”

[179][IMG]

[180]One protester humorously thanked Justin Trudeau for “bringing
everybody together” in unity against him for his divisive rhetoric.

[181]Real People’s Media [182]covered the Freedom Convoy with an
emphasis on the [183]indigenous community. In [184]this video, Audrey
Redman (Dakota-Cree from Saskatchewan) and Neecha (Ojibway Nation of
Saugeen) share their experiences of the demonstrations, which they
witnessed from the outset.

Audrey says:

“It was such an event of unity that brought everyone together.…
I’ve never been anywhere … other than a powwow, where people were so
united and happy to be together.”

[185]IFrame

In [186]this message from the Mohawk women from Grand River, the speaker
notes:

“We send love and gratitude to all of the brave men and women who are
holding the line, uniting together with kindness and compassion in their
hearts for freedom so that truth and justice may prevail.”

[187]IFrame

My contact at Real People’s Media shared the following statement by
owner and cofounder [188]Kanenhariyo:

“Real People’s Media has been on the ground in Ottawa for several
days, and our teams did not see or film any swastika or Confederate
flags. We have filmed for several days and we have not heard any hate-
or race-based speeches.

“This movement has attracted many different groups and cultures. But
Real People’s Media correspondents have not observed any obvious hate,
racism, or violence.”

In what appears to have been a [189]literal false flag event, a highly
suspicious character held a Confederate flag with a semi truck printed on
it. An eyewitness who was present confided in me:

“I saw the Confederate flag guy up close that first weekend. Pretty
much the only person out of thousands I saw wearing a mask, and he was
masked and wearing very cop-like sunglasses.”

“I remember looking at him many times as he was a sore thumb in a sea
of smiling faces.”

“A very odd flag. I thought to myself where on earth would you get a
Confederate flag with a truck superimposed in the middle? In all my time
visiting in the Southern states, I had never seen anything like it.”

“From [190]this photo, it looks like he must have been there starting
early! I was on the hill by noon at latest, and there were hundreds more
people.”

Additionally, there are [191]reports that Justin Trudeau’s
photographer, Adam Scotti, was present taking photos with the guy who
“just happens to have a brand new confederate flag that still has
wrinkles on it.”

Whether or not the “Nazi flag guy” was legitimate, [192]the
protesters denounced and attempted to identify him, and this infinitesimal
drop in the ocean by no means represented the overall movement.

In at least [193]one instance where a swastika appeared on a protest
sign, it was being used to convey the fascistic policies of the Canadian
government. The sign is clearly not advocating for Naziism but rather
condemning today’s medical tyranny for its similarities to the Third
Reich’s discriminatory and genocidal laws. That said, use of the
swastika makes for horrific optics that can and will be exploited by the
propagandists, so it is prudent for protesters to avoid inadvertently
baiting the media with such symbols of hatred.

Fortunately, the awake among us observed [194]ample evidence of the
reality on the ground, thanks to innumerable
round-the-clock [195]live-streamers, including [196]Mr. Sunshine
Baby, [197]Viva Frei, [198]Press for Truth, [199]Ottawalks,
and [200]ZOT. The footage shot by the myriad participants in this
historic event is now being woven into the forthcoming
documentary, [201]Trucking for Freedom:

[202]IFrame

[203]Heather Heying[204]4 covered the Canadian truckers with her usual
lucidity and passion at [205]her Substack, from [206]Truckers for
Freedom to [207]“Proud to Be Canadian Again” to [208]We Leave When
We Are Free to [209]Get Ready for the Biggest Game of Whack-A-Mole the
World Has Ever Seen.

I found [210]this letter Heather shared from a Canadian particularly
moving and am grateful to powerhouse [211]Steve Kirsch for exponentially
multiplying its views [212]at my request (thanks, yet again, for
amplifying love and truth, Superhero Steve! <U+1F917>):

In [213]Faces of Protest, Heather shared these radiant, heart-swelling
portraits of protesters by photographer [214]Dan Aponte:

[215][IMG]

Through [216]gentle resistance and brilliant tactical maneuvers such as
blockades at [217]Ambassador Bridge and border shutdowns
at [218]Coutts and [219]Surrey, the Canadian truckers and protesters
inflicted an injury to the [220]principle of
authority that [221]awakened the world to the realization that
totalitarianism hinges on compliance, showing that We the
People must stand up and [222]take back our freedoms from
the [223]self-proclaimed “elites” to end our enslavement.

As [224]Michael Malice [225]observes, “The victory here is that their
machinations are made public.”

Badass tyranny resister [226]Pastor Artur Pawlowski urged Canadian
truckers to [227]hold the line, and [228]pilot Greg Hill explained why
summoning courage was so pivotal at this moment in history:

[229]IFrame

And summon courage they did, becoming a catalyst that would spark Freedom
Convoys [230]around the globe—most notably in Australia, where
the [231]Canberra convoy rose from the ashes of the [232]Australians’
despondency and [233]reinvigorated a [234]downtrodden people. In
Paris, [235]the police joined the protesters in denouncing Macronian
authoritarianism. These demonstrators would not have been so emboldened
without the Canadian truckers’ example.

Arguably the most essential workers, truckers possess
an [236]unparalleled power to stop entire countries and make the honking
cry for freedom heard.

As polymath [237]Dr. Jessica Rose (a.k.a. “Unacceptable
Jessica”) [238]writes:

“When they stop flowing on the roads of the world, the human societal
network stops flowing in turn: the truckers are the red blood cells in
the circulatory system of human society as we know it.”

The Canadian truckers gallantly used that power to enact Thomas
Jefferson’s dictum, “When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes
duty.”

In a [239]galvanizing speech at a [240]People’s Convoy USA event,
attorney [241]Tricia Lindsay outlines the responsibility of citizens to
defend themselves against a tyrannical government:

[242]IFrame

After nearly a month of peaceful [243]civil disobedience in Canada, the
festive atmosphere transformed from [244]Christmas to Krystallnacht as
fascism lashed back.

[245][IMG]

Instead of listening to the concerns of its citizens, the Canadian
government and its [246]colluders:

* [247]banned honking;

* [248]brutally arrested those who violated this injunction;

* [249]illegally stole [250]GoFundMe donations;

* [251]froze GiveSendGo donations;

* [252]shut down the Freedom Convoy Facebook page;

* [253]seized fuel and then returned it [254]contaminated;

* tried to [255]entrap protesters with [256]agent provocateurs;

* attempted to [257]set fire to an apartment building (foiled by the
truckers and [258]later confirmed to be a hoax);

* [259]declared a “state of emergency” and invoked the Emergencies
Act [260]without meeting the necessary threshold, setting the stage
for future violations of Canadians’ [261]inalienable rights;

* [262]rifle-whipped protesters;

* [263]mowed down and tear-gassed protestors;

* [264]trampled an elderly disabled Mohawk woman just after she’d
said they were doing this so their children and grandchildren could
have “[265]peace and love and happiness”;

* said “time for the protesters to hear our jackboots on the ground”
and called the horse trampling video “awesome!!!” in a [266]Royal
Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) group chat;

* [267]clubbed and tear-gassed reporter [268]Alexa Lavoie in the
face;

* [269]staged an arrest;

* [270]beat and faux-arrested demonstrators;

* [271]froze and [272]seized donor bank accounts and crypto
wallets (although the latter has proven [273]more challenging);

* threatened to “[274]actively look to identify you and follow up with
financial sanctions and criminal charges” in the coming months;

* [275]arrested politicians for openly supporting the Freedom Convoy;
and

* laid the asphalt for [276]digital IDs and a [277]future
surveillance state where similar outbursts of freedom become
impossible.

They weren’t all bad cops, though. One [278]was giving out hugs until
a colleague admonished him to stop fraternizing with the enemy,
and [279]numerous police officers spoke out against enforcing tyranny.

The first Canadian cop to publicly condemn the mandates—a noble act
that [280]earned his suspension—former Calgary Police
Officer [281]Brian Denison called on his fellow officers to disobey
unlawful orders.

Retired Ontario Provincial Police Officer [282]Ed Grenier also urged his
fellow officers to heed their conscience and not take action against
peaceful citizens.

Calgary Police Officer [283]Nick Motycka relays the devastation he felt
when witnessing “police doing politicians’ dirty work like hired
goons.”

Ontario Police Constable [284]Erin Howard is under investigation for
calling the truckers “true heroes” who are “fighting for our rights
and freedoms,” while Edmonton Police Service Constable Elena Golysheva
was [285]placed on leave after posting [286]this tearful
video lamenting the loss of the very freedoms she fled to Canada to
enjoy.

[287]IFrame

There was even a sizable number of standup politicians.

Leader of the Opposition Candice Bergen consecutively kicked derrière
on [288]February 8, [289]February 9, and [290]February 10. MP Raquel
Dancho also [291]gave Trudeau a terrific walloping.

MP Pierre Poilievre said “[292]freedom is on the march,” and delivered
an impassioned lesson on the [293]true emergencies facing Canadians.

MP Melissa Lantsman reproved Trudeau for “[294]fan[ning] the flames of
an unjustified national emergency,” and he responded by [295]accusing
the descendent of Holocaust survivors of standing with “swastika
wavers.”

Just after Parliament was suspended, MP Andrew James Bernard Scheer
described Trudeau’s “[296]massive power grab.”

MP Joël Lightbound expressed empathy for the
protesters; [297]reprimanded his party for normalizing restrictions and
failing to adjust policies based on the latest scientific data; and
critiqued their divisive “politicization of the pandemic.”

In a [298]speech that [299]may have been responsible for spurring
Trudeau to end the Emergencies Act out of fear the Senate was about to
vote it down, Senator Donald Neil Plett eloquently [300]eviscerated
Trudeau for his historically unprecedented actions and behavior toward
Canadian citizens, noting:

“For three weeks, the prime minister did little more than hurl
insults. He actually left town and let the crisis fester and worsen. He
is supposed to be the prime minister for all Canadians, even those he
may disagree with, but he clearly does not see things that way, and the
result is that his policies are seriously dividing Canadians.

“Then after three weeks of inaction, Justin Trudeau came out and used
the ultimate tool in his toolbox. The nuclear option, the Emergencies
Act. It is hard to refute the accusation that this is a Prime Minister
who is at war with many of his fellow citizens. Instead of trying to
understand their concerns and the impact of his government measures on
them, he is now using all the power he can muster to crush them. He has
taken the sweeping powers of the Emergencies Act and turned it on the
very people who were just asking to be heard.

“This is a prime minister who does not like opposition. He admires the
basic dictatorship of China. He does not listen. He preaches. He does
not debate, he insults. He does not convince, he imposes.”

Although it was a [301]melancholy day when Trucker Convoy
organizer [302]Tom Marazzo announced the decision to peacefully withdraw
at a February 19 press conference, that same day saw one of the most
inspiring speeches of the entire protest when a naturalized Canadian who
had grown up under the Romanian dictatorship and witnessed the fall of
Ceaușescu [303]reminded the crowd:

“They have the force; we have the power!”

“Violence is the last resort of a dictator, but I assure you that his
days are numbered.”

“We are not asking you any more to give us our freedom back. We are
taking it back!”

[304]IFrame

Also on February 19, the scintillating [305]Neil Oliver cannonaded
Trudeau in [306]this blistering diatribe:

“The increasingly puffy and pasty prime minister Justin
Trudeau—looking more and more like a waxwork dummy left too close to a
radiator—has clutched, desperately, drowning man that he surely is, at
emergency powers.

“He evidently fears the truckers, and their wives and their little
ones, and their freedom protest, and so feels as vulnerable as a
desiccated sandcastle facing the incoming tide.”

He closes with these triumphant lines:

“People ought not to fear the power of governments. Governments ought
to fear the power, the righteous power of their people.

[307]IFrame

Lest anyone think the Canadian truckers’ movement ended in defeat, this
prolonged act of civil disobedience achieved significant tangible as well
as intangible victories.

As early as January 31, the number of Canadians saying they wanted
restrictions to end had [308]tipped by a striking 15 percentage
points since early January, making the pro-freedom contingency the
majority at 54 percent. Two weeks later, that was up to a
remarkable [309]two thirds of Canadians. So much for a “[310]small
fringe minority.”

The protesters not only bent the needle of public opinion, but they
exerted direct pressure on the premiers, who undoubtedly had upcoming
elections in mind as they recalibrated their positions to the will of the
people. One by one, the premiers began [311]lifting COVID
restrictions—[312]Scott Moe in Saskatchewan, [313]Jason Kenney in
Alberta, [314]Heather Stefanson in Manitoba, [315]Doug Ford in
Ontario, [316]Francois Legault of Quebec, [317]Tim Houston in Nova
Scotia, [318]Dennis King in Prince Edward Island, [319]Blaine Higgs in
New Brunswick, and [320]Andrew Furey in Newfoundland and Labrador—until
all of the provinces had eventually been liberated.

As mentioned above, the Canadian truckers ignited a worldwide Freedom
Convoy movement. In the United States, that took the form of
the [321]People’s Convoy.

Radio show host and writer [322]March Twisdale [323]joined the US
convoy and [324]blogged about her [325]cross-country journey and
the [326]dazzling people she met along the way.

[327]Dr. Paul Alexander [328]chronicled his participation in both the
Canadian and US convoys, the latter of which culminated in [329]meetings
with Senators Ron Johnson and Ted Cruz—a dialogue with legislators that
symbolized the stark contrast with Trudeau’s contemptuous refusal to
talk with the truckers. Dr. Alexander wound his way back to Toronto, where
he [330]delivered a rousing speech at the [331]Toronto World Wide
Trucker Rally on March 19.

Demanding accountability for oppressive and lethal policies, Dr. Alexander
echoed the cries of those who have been suffering under the boot of
authoritarianism worldwide and are thirsting for freedom and justice.

One of my readers, retired British military officer and retired Canadian
Armed Forces Reserve officer [332]Stew Staudinger of [333]Real Canadian
Liberal, was kind enough to share [334]this video in which he cogently
explains how Justin Trudeau is guilty of crimes against humanity under
the [335]International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR)
and why Canadians must take responsibility for seeing that justice is
served.

That process may already be underway. On March 14, a joint committee of
Canada’s Parliament launched an “unprecedented” official
“[336]inquiry into the Trudeau government’s actions against the
Freedom Convoy civil liberties protesters.” Once again, the eyes of the
world will be on Canada as they see whether a tyrant gets away with
criminal malfeasance.

As Frederick Douglass warns:

“Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never
will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have
found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed
upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either
words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by
the endurance of those whom they oppress.”

This is the moment in history when we must prescribe those limits, and the
Canadian truckers have modeled the courage necessary to do so.

[337]IFrame

  65. https://margaretannaalice.substack.com/p/profiles-in-courage-the-canadian
  67. https://smile.amazon.com/Psychology-Revolution-Bon-Gustave-1841-1931/dp/131428522X/?ie=UTF8&tag=margaretannaa-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=131428522X
  68. https://smile.amazon.com/Psychology-Revolution-Gustave-Bon-ebook/dp/B004UJNHPC/?ie=UTF8&tag=margaretannaa-20&camp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=B004UJNHPC