[ot][spam][crazy] The Trials of Controlling a Programmer

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 03:23:14 PDT 2022

[spam]
coda on the jump address stuff:
it turns out my southbridge reads a data table to initialise the cpu before
boot. providing this table seems to get the new layout to run at boot
(although earlier changing the jump address seemed to do it, and no longer
does. I infer I was cross-eyed again earlier, but a third check is needed.)
I still don't understand all the parts, but the southbridge information is
enough to make the problem much more manageable.

--
regarding the programmer, the headers that arrived are square pin. I can
use male-female jumper wires though. apparently I also ordered backup

to do these tests I was flashing with the internal functionality of the
board itself which involves a boot cycle every test.