[ot][spam][crazy] The Trials of Controlling a Programmer

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 07:34:03 PDT 2022

The diode D1 and the power supply are in the upper left corner of page
4 of that schematic. It appears to connect +5V to GND.

Looking up diode polarity, it looks like that diode is reverse
polarised. I vaguely recall that diodes have some use when placed
backward.

Usually one thinks of a diode as only allowing current in the forward
direction, and preventing it in the backward.

If my diode broke, maybe it would be acting as a short, producing the
smoke from current rushing through it to ground.