2021 Apple Card Report - Fwd: FOIL Request Confirmation from Open FOIL NY

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Sun Mar 27 18:05:14 PDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <noreply at its.ny.gov>
Date: Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 9:04 PM
Subject: FOIL Request Confirmation from Open FOIL NY
To: <g at xny.io>

Thank you for submitting your FOIL request through Open FOIL NY.

Here is your Open FOIL NY confirmation information for future reference:

LARSON_DHR_20220327210401303

LARSON_EXEC_20220327210401303

LARSON_DFS_20220327210401303

*INFORMATION SUBMITTED:*
*Records Requested From*
Division of Human Rights
Executive Chamber
Department of Financial Services
*Short Title*
2021 Apple Card Report
*Description*
Dear Madam or Sir: We would like to receive any and all records, relating
to NY-DFS' 2021 Apple Card Investigation. This is one part of a broader
discussion we must have about equal credit access. On March 23, 2021, Ms.
Linda Lacewell published NY-DFS' Findings on Apple Card and its Underwriter
Goldman Sachs Bank. As the former Superintendent of NY-DFS, Ms. Lacewell's
stone faced propaganda assured that Apple Card did not discriminate against
women, while under Goldman Sachs management. The red flags started to
appear when an authorized user drew attention to the following: A person
who relies on a spouse's access to credit, and only accesses those accounts
as an authorized user, may incorrectly believe they have the same credit
profile as the spouse. We recently collated 61 highlights to the Report on
Apple Card Investigation from March 2021:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xH16OKyuXzB-MVqIznMWDE9w8RRdmZCw/view The
Apple Card investigation was to assess women's access to equitable finance.
The integrity of the Apple Card investigation must be rationally considered
as flawed. We would like to receive any and all records of Ms. Linda
Lacewell's (emails, texts, and similar) involvement with the 2021 Apple
Card report. We would like to receive any and all records to NY-DFS
association to evaluating Ms. Linda Lacewell's ability to score a report
specific to the Apple Card's core subject of credit access for women.
Finally, we would like to receive any and all records related to NY-DFS
guidance on Interlocking Directorates (
https://www.dfs.ny.gov/apps_and_licensing/banks_and_trusts/other/Permission_for_Interlocking_Directors_and_Officers),
specific to Apple's Board of Directors and Goldman Sachs' Board of
Directors. Thank you, Gunnar Larson
*Uploaded Files*
*FOIL Response Format*
Email
*If fees apply, please contact me if costs will be greater than*
$25000

Your FOIL request has been forwarded to the organization(s) you selected,
and the respective Records Access Officer will contact you directly for
further processing of your request. Please allow up to five business days
for such communication(s). For your convenience, here is additional contact
information:

Division of Human Rights
One Fordham Plaza
4th Floor