Even some Russians appreciate my AP essay.

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 04:05:10 PDT 2022

PR, I apologise that this reply is a non-sequitor related to my own
personal experiences.

I wanted to share with you that I've been working with some of the central
code in coreboot, where AP has a different meaning than "assassination
politics". Instead it means " application processor", and it's used this
way throughout the code.

The AP code is held in contrast to the BSP code. BSP means "bootstrap
processor". This represents the initial processor run after boot, that runs
the special BSP code to initialise important stuff.

Once the system is ready for concurrency, the AP code can then run on all
the other processors.

coreboot has a "boot_cpu()" function that returns true when run on the BSP,
and false otherwise.

This isn't meant as an analogy to anything about assassination politics,
although I know it can seem that way with my non-sequitor and the general
global gaslighting.

It just seems nice to think about systems engineering things. CPU bootstrap
code. Less charged topics.

Hope you are well.