[ot][fiction] A short story about short stories.

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 03:21:35 PDT 2022

This is written by considering my emotional issues around writing. I don't
really understand what I'm writing about, and some if it specifically cast
as ridiculous or says things I consider harmful, because I am embarrassed
and very scared.

The characters are Epsilon and Phi.

Phi is a tiny apocalyptic robot. With lasers and missiles, running wild,
but small, so you could trip over it.

Epsilon is a yuppie obsessed with meditation. They have a dog chained to
them that barks whenever they try to meditate, interrupting their peace,
because the dog yearns to know the yuppie is alive and aware of them.
Epsilon loves their dog and meditation both.

Phi: "I want to write a story! Maybe about something peaceful, with you as
the main character?"

Epsilon: "No, put Phi--"

Dog: "Woof woof woof!"

Phi: "You're saying I should make it about fighting, rather than peace? I
trust you, Epsilon."

Epsilon: [gets flustered] "I trust you too, Phi, but --"

Dog: [excited that Epsilon looks more active] "Woof woof!!! Woof woof woof
woof!"

Phi: [grinning] "Maybe another story where robots take over the world,
killing everybody! I love those!"

Epsilon: "I want you to be happy, Phi --"

Dog: [eating a bunch of treats]

Epsilon: "Wait. Dog, where did you get those treats?"