Fwd: FOIL Request Confirmation from Open FOIL NY

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Wed Mar 16 08:59:19 PDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <noreply at its.ny.gov>
Date: Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 11:57 AM
Subject: FOIL Request Confirmation from Open FOIL NY
To: <G at xny.io>

Thank you for submitting your FOIL request through Open FOIL NY.

Here is your Open FOIL NY confirmation information for future reference:

LARSON_DFS_20220316115706337

LARSON_NYSIF_20220316115706337

LARSON_DHR_20220316115706337

*INFORMATION SUBMITTED:*
*Records Requested From*
Department of Financial Services
New York State Insurance Fund
Division of Human Rights
*Short Title*
NAACP, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo and PayPal Collusion
*Description*
Dear Madam or Sir: We would like to receive any and all records concerning
NAACP, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo and PayPal collusion, where facts and
figures beg the question of coordinated systematic racism associated with
PayPal's conditional Bitlicense award. We would like to receive any records
that would indicate NY-DFS' insights into both PayPal and Wells Fargo
partnering to organize a clear scheme to profit off of New York's minority
population (according to the details below). We would like to receive any
and all records that indicate New York State NOT choosing to ignore the
relevant facts associated with this matter. Furthermore, we would like to
receive any and all records that indicate the New York State Retirement
Fund is not being leveraged as a key investor in the associated scheme.
Below kindly find detail that supports this records request: *March 11,
2022:* Bloomberg reported that Wells Fargo approved fewer than half of
Black applicants were approved by the biggest bank mortgage lender:
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2022-wells-fargo-black-home-loan-refinancing/
*August 19, 2021:* Wells Fargo Launches Passive Bitcoin Fund for Wealthy
Clients, minority and low income clients excluded:
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/wells-fargo-launches-passive-bitcoin-fund-for-wealthy-clients-2021-08-19
*October 22, 2020: *PayPal first to receive NY conditional virtual currency
'Bitlicense.' PayPal Inc. became the first firm to receive a conditional
virtual currency license from the New York State Department of Financial
Services*: *
https://today.westlaw.com/Document/Ib5cd5e2f149c11ebbea4f0dc9fb69570/View/FullText.html?transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default)&VR=3.0&RS=cblt1.0
*July 23, 2021, Wells Fargo Stock Ownership: * Ownership (NYS:WFC) Total
Shares Outstanding 13F Ownership # of 13 Holders Insider Ownership
4,107,998,274.00 77.05% 2,062.00 0.12% Top 10 13F Holders 13F Holders %
Total Shares Held % of Portfolio Trend Prev. 8 Quarters Current Shares
Market Value (B), USD New York State Common Retirement Fund 0.26% 0.46%
10,617,151 $414.81M New York State Teachers Retirement System 0.13% 0.44%
5,219,084 $203.91M Bank of New York Mellon Corp 0.77% 0.25% 31,624,345
$1.24B *July 23, 2021, PayPal Stock Ownership: * Ownership (NAS:PYPL) Total
Shares Outstanding 13F Ownership # of 13 Holders Insider Ownership
1,174,728,054.00 86.69% 2,661.00 6.11% Top 10 13F Holders 13F Holders %
Total Shares Held % of Portfolio Trend Prev. 8 Quarters Current Shares
Market Value (B), USD Bank of New York Mellon Corp 0.97% 0.57% 11,452,187
$2.78B Goldman Sachs Group Inc 0.64% 0.46% 7,554,169 $1.83B Wells Fargo &
Co 0.64% 0.41% 7,465,572 $1.81B New York State Common Retirement Fund 0.20%
0.62% 2,317,196 $562.71M New York State Teachers Retirement System 0.13%
0.80% 1,521,757 $369.54M
*Uploaded Files*
*FOIL Response Format*
Email
*If fees apply, please contact me if costs will be greater than*
$25000

Your FOIL request has been forwarded to the organization(s) you selected,
and the respective Records Access Officer will contact you directly for
further processing of your request. Please allow up to five business days
for such communication(s). For your convenience, here is additional contact
information:

Department of Financial Services
One State Street
20th Floor