Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 02:23:42 PST 2022

> What happens if you rename the workers, experimentees, gnomes, etc to
> offline people of not greatly low, but a little low, brand equity? Also

That's for the second draft I guess. I guess we could try it!

what do these tasked people do for fun when Boss isn't looking, and how
> does Boss know or not know? Just ideas.

I've been struggling a little to convey that it is all sorts of things.
Many people work for Boss 24/7 both for-pay and without-pay. Some people,
like the experimentees, have been automatically encouraged to work so
strongly that they are mostly doing random things to meet details of the
automated productivity and political protocols, rather than anything
actually productive. Other people do basically nothing for Boss, and have
relations with the control patterns so as to do and cause arbitrary things
they prefer themselves. Some people aren't mind controlled any more than
most people, and live roughly normal lives.

But in the story, people go to the rebel cafe of spies, rescue workers,
etc, for fun, and make fun of Boss or plan to cause great good in the
world. It's probably an analogy for internet lists like this one used to be.

And maybe write it in a style
> that isn't simply experimentation with cliches. Even some rigid and

arbitrary formal constraint, e.g., only use two syllable words.

I don't totally follow you here. I think it might take me some slow
practice to do this. It's hard for me to summarise the idea as a short
phrase to move it through my amnesia.

Which parts are cliches?