[spam][spam] spam

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 17:02:37 PST 2022

The Spam Report
I'm Sorry It's Not a Report About Spam, It Is A Report That Is Spam Itself

We made a number of spam generators. We are still making more. But
nobody is using them because they say human workers need jobs.

I really thought the human workers would rather control AIs that
influence things, but I guess they don't actually want too many people
doing that for some reason.

So, we have spam generators but not everybody is using them.

I looked at one once. It can really, really generate spam, but it
works a lot better if you sink $10k into using it properly.

Maybe I can pretend to be a generative model.

I've got a great idea! I'll start a website saying it provides a
cutting edge generative model, but I'll say there's a queue to use it,
like most websites. And then I'll hand-type the completions that
people post.

Eventually, when you do that, somebody wires you to some automated
system that makes use of what you do in some way. I don't really know
what any of the systems are [uhhh don't ask me how I have this
experience] but there sure are a lot of them. The same kind of
request, over and over and over again. Just because you're freely
typing text completions for people!

But maybe, with the right degree of creativity, we could really shake it up.

I wonder if that's where API errors come from.