Coronavirus: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 11:56:00 PST 2022

More BS from the Head Corona Twats In Charge...

CDC Director: Nobody Said COVID-19 Vaccine Effectiveness Might Wane

https://www.theepochtimes.com/cdc-director-nobody-said-covid-19-vaccine-effectiveness-might-wane_4317498.html
https://twitter.com/MichaelPSenger/status/1499902332980523008
https://www.theepochtimes.com/infection-hospitalization-gap-narrows-between-unvaccinated-and-vaccinated-study_4251934.html
https://www.theepochtimes.com/vaccinated-people-more-likely-to-contract-covid-19-go-to-hospital-in-recent-weeks-cdc-data_4300048.html
https://www.theepochtimes.com/just-about-everybody-will-get-covid-19-fauci_4208152.html
https://www.theepochtimes.com/protection-against-hospitalization-from-covid-19-vaccine-boosters-wanes-over-time-study_4272028.html

Rochelle Walensky, now the CDC director, speaks during an event in
Wilmington, Del., in a December 2020 file photograph. (Jim Watson/AFP
via Getty Images)

When COVID-19 vaccines were first authorized in late 2020, the public
wasn’t informed that the touted effectiveness might decline, a top
U.S. health official said on March 3.

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the director of the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention, recalled watching coverage of clinical trial results
that indicated the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine was 95 percent
effective.

“So many of us wanted to be helpful. So many of us wanted to say,
‘Okay, this is our ticket out, right, ‘now we’re done.’ So I think we
have perhaps too little caution and too much optimism for some good
things that came our way. I really do. I think all of us wanted this
to be done,” Walensky said.

“Nobody said ‘waning’; ‘Oh this vaccine is going to work, oh well,
maybe it’ll wear off.’ Nobody said, ‘Well, what if the next variant,
it’s not as [effective] against the next variant,” she added.

Walensky, who was speaking at the Washington University School of
Medicine in St. Louis, was tapped to head the CDC on Dec. 8, 2020, by
then-president-elect Joe Biden. Three days later, U.S. regulators
authorized the Pfizer jab. That same month, they cleared Moderna’s
shot.

    Walensky: “When the CNN feed came that it was 95% effective, the
vaccine, so many of us wanted it to be helpful, so many of us wanted
to say, ‘Ok this is our ticket out.’”

    Ok… But then you got millions fired and excluded from society for
not taking it.pic.twitter.com/Xcl7bUUrOi
    — Michael P Senger (@MichaelPSenger) March 5, 2022

Both those vaccines and the only other COVID-19 vaccine available in
the United States, made by Johnson & Johnson, were initially promoted
as highly effective in preventing infection from the virus that causes
COVID-19. Pfizer’s was said to be 95 percent effective in preventing
infection.

“Vaccination is a critical tool in bringing this unprecedented
pandemic to an end,” Dr. Robert Redfield, Walensky’s predeceessor,
said in a statement before leaving office.

“We know for sure that the vaccine is highly efficacious in preventing
the clinical disease,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National
Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on CNBC around the
same time.

While authorizing the shots, the Food and Drug Administration
acknowledged it could not determine how long the vaccines would
provide protection.

The vaccine effectiveness has dropped over time, and provides little
protection against infection, according to data released after the
Omicron virus variant became dominant in the country in late 2021.

“Just about everybody” will get COVID-19 because of Omicron, according to Fauci.

Still, Fauci, Walensky, and other U.S. officials continue to recommend
virtually all Americans aged 5 years or older get a vaccine and get a
booster, asserting the protection against severe disease, which is
also waning, is reason enough.

On Thursday, Walensky also said that she was not sure if a second
booster of the vaccines will be required while alleging some people
have drawn the wrong conclusions about public health guidance during
the pandemic.

“I have frequently said, ‘We’re going to lead with the science, the
science is going to be the foundation of everything we do.’ That is
entirely true,” she said. “I think the public heard that science is
foolproof, science is black and white, science is immediate, and we
get the answer and then we make the decision based on the answer. And
the truth is science is gray, and science is not always immediate, and
sometimes it takes months and years to actually find out the answer.
But you have to make decisions in a pandemic before you have that
answer.”