I am willing to fight to the last Troskyist in Ukraine

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 8 03:03:00 PST 2022

Anthony Boynton
I think that what is needed right now is a movement in solidarity with Ukraine. The burning issue is defense of Ukraine's right to national self determination which is being brutally violated by the Russian state. The government of Ukraine has called for sanctions against Russia. We have no idea what the working class of Russia thinks about the sanctions, but we do know that the antiwar movement in Russia is being jailed so that it cannot speak. Since Russia has invaded Ukraine without provocation, and is using the most brutal strategy short of nuclear war, I think we should support the Ukrainian government's call for both sanctions and arms from the imperialists.
Again, the issue here is Ukraine's right of self determination. What we should not support is direct imperialist military intervention.
On the other hand, a Pro-Russian Antiwar movement, or even an antiwar movement that takes Russia's side by opposing war in general, is reactionary. Neither the United States nor NATO have entered this war. Up to this point it is an imperialist war by Russia against a non-imperialist country, Ukraine.
Finally, the largest organizations on the left that still profess internationalism, in other words some of the surviving descendants of Troskyism, should pool their resources to organize an international brigade to fight on the side of Ukraine.
Anthony