[spam][crazy][wrong] inventing mean words

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:19:38 PST 2022

the section after that is interesting too, although i'm skimming past
a lot of paragraphs

it sounds like they spend a lot of time probing for ways that Shevek
might speak about their sense of a body of authority. reminiscent of
assumptions of powerholders that everybody has a leader, but that many
deny it, and of having powerful connections to various areas.

“But we haven’t been sure whether or not
you came with the approval of—” He hesitated.
Shevek grinned. “Of my government?”
“We know that nominally there’s no government on Anarres. However,
obviously there’s
administration. And we gather that the group
that sent you, your Syndicate, is a kind of faction; perhaps a
revolutionary faction.”
“Everybody on Anarres is a revolutionary,
Oiie. . . .