[spam][crazy][wrong] inventing mean words

Douglas Lucas dal at riseup.net
Mon Mar 7 15:57:29 PST 2022

Check 1974 _The Dispossessed_ by Ursula K. Le Guin. There's a scene
where the protagonist and physicist Shevek, when he goes to the biz
planet Urras, is slowly getting co-opted during his time confined at the
university, and during that time, he has dinner with one of the
academics. that academic's name is Ollie(sp). Shevek is surprised that
Ollie at home is gentle with his family etc and they have a conversation
about the differences in animals on their respective homeworlds and some
other things and they address various issues of harm and boss-talk and
it's a pretty interesting scene. The Dispossessed is widely available on
pirate sites online.