[spam][spam] spam

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:38:51 PST 2022

It's 247 BC and we just discovered the quantum computer.

NEWS BULLETIN
Roman Podcasters
Stone Table Dial-In Bulletin Board

Quantum Computer Discovered

Secunda Athenis, a freed gothic slave from the 3rd militia, recently
found that by supercooling clay plasma, an unlimited number of qubits
could be tangled to meet arbitrary goals.

Secunda is fervently coding up something she calls the "Virld Vide
Veb". Some of the tradesmen have been calling it simply the VV or
double-V, in anticipation of somebody stealing a third of it so as to
gain favor with the Emperor for themself. We expect new letters may
come of this.

Quantum computing has long been theorised as possible by a homeless
monk named Pythagoras, who warns society that misuse of the technology
could anger the gods. Pythagoras advises that all Roman Podcasters
readers petition Secunda Athenis to immediately gift all research,
stone and claywark, to Pythagoras so that proper auguring may be made
before an upstart Messiah incarnates.

Many of us have been copying Secunda's designs, and building quantum
computers of our own. We and Secunda all hope this may soon replace
the need for conquering and enslaving foreign nations, like the one
she came from.