NVIDIA 1TB LEAK Sources - Nvidia stolen certs.

b0z0 at SDF.ORG b0z0 at SDF.ORG
Sat Mar 5 03:59:16 PST 2022

https://forums.theregister.com/forum/all/2022/03/05/nvidia_stolen_certificate/

So what happens now?

So what happens if say an iMac 2009 (as an example) with Nvidia 9400GM
Graphics/(Bootcamp) using either Nvidia 340.108 (Linux) or Nvidia 342.01
Windows drivers which are no longer supported but still work fine, are
these machines going to the price paid by consumers for this fcuk up by
Nvidia? More landfill crud, where end users are the innocent party in
this.

All seems very convenient, to sell a shitload of tech, off the back of
this, for both MS and Nvidia.

To MS/Nvidia, you better sort this out for all legacy drivers, not just
current ones, anything else is unacceptable. Nvidia make 340.108
compatible with Linux 5.15 kernel while you're at it.

And just to make the point regarding Windows 11, a TPM module and secure
boot, doesn't save anyone from this type of malware where there is a
compromised certificate. Plenty have made that point very vocal in the
last few months.

Windows, the utter trash - just keeps on giving.

b0z0 at sdf.lonestar.org