Statement of some Turkey-based anarchists

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 23:45:47 PST 2022

On 3/4/22, professor rat <pro2rat at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> STATEMENT OF TURKISH ANARCHISTS IN FRONT OF THE RUSSIAN EMBASSY
> https://anarchistnews.org/content/statement-turkish-anarchists-front-russian-embassy

Mar 03 2022
By anon

On Thursday, February 24, in Ankara, the capital city of Turkey, we
attempted to carry out a demonstration in front of the Russian Embassy
in Ankara as a response to the call for action made by anarchists in
Ukraine. Even before the demonstration started, police have arrested
all of our comrades, 6 in total. “Murderer state will pay!” and “State
is war, war means massacre!” slogans shout during the arrest. The
following statement was meant to read during the demonstration:

States are fighting, peoples are being massacred!

We are here today as a response to the call for action made by our
anarchist comrades in Ukraine, to demonstrate in front of Russian
Embassies around the world. We are here because today our brothers in
Ukraine woke up with bombs.

Battle! Can we grasp what it means? Is there a worse word in our
language than this? Do we think of photos of massacre, murder,
looting, plunder and destruction? Do we hear the sounds of planes,
missiles, bombs, and dozens of war instruments that have reached
completely different stages in the 21st century? Can we see the
battlefields full of corpses?

The geography of Ukraine, which is kilometers away from here, is being
attacked by the Russian State today. But this occupation is not a new
occupation for Ukraine. In Ukraine, people live under the occupation
of states, as in the rest of the world. Today, the invader Russian
State is waging war against the invader Ukrainian State. There are not
only two sides of this war. The sides of this war are NATO, the USA,
the EU and their affiliated states.

For us, Ukraine, NATO, the USA, the EU, Russia are equally invaders.
Because these states and alliances are organized terrorist
organizations founded on the lives of the peoples, fed by the labor of
the peoples, and grown with the blood of the peoples. For decades, our
lands, our lives, our future, our existence, our selves, our
everything has been under the occupation of these terrorist
organizations.

What is happening today is nothing but the duel of these terrorist
organizations. These duels have occurred countless times in history.
We saw this duel in World Wars. The same things happened in the
geography we live in, in the Middle East, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria,
all over the world. The world's largest organized terrorist
organizations have repeatedly clashed over the lives of peoples.

The thieves, who were too cowardly to fight, and therefore brought the
youth of the world to the front to fight for themselves, killed
millions of people over and over.

The same thing is happening today. The playground of those who are in
an endless war with each other for their domination over the world,
and this time it’s in Ukraine! The Ukrainian State, which supports the
neo-Nazis who burned to death 48 people in the union building in
Ukraine, the USA, which has carried out massacres in Iraq,
Afghanistan, Syria and countless geographies, the EU, the gigantic
terrorists of global capitalism, the organized terrorist organization
that has equipped war bases all over the world. NATO, Russia, which
has repeatedly turned Georgia, the Crimea, the Caucasus, and Central
Asia into a war zone, and they have countless war tools. And the poor
people's children, who were forcibly dragged to the front by them, and
millions of people whose living space has been turned into a war zone!

The same organized crime groups have turned Syria into a war zone a
few years ago. In the ongoing global civil war in Syria, Aleppo,
Idlib, Kobane, Afrin, Raqqa, Serekaniye and many cities have been
repeatedly occupied by these organized crime groups and gangs under
their control. The war waged by these gigantic organized crime groups
in Syria once again showed us that the only solution is a revolution
by the people's self-organisation.

We saw a similar example in Ukraine at the beginning of the last
century. The territory of Ukraine, which is being occupied by Russia
today, was left to the German-Austrian Empires as a result of a world
war treaty. Anarchists in Ukraine taught us what to do against war and
occupation that day. To the armies of Germany and Austria, the remnant
of Tsarist Russia to the White Army, the new power in Russia to the
Red Army, the Ukrainian Nationalists to Petlyura; against all tyrants
that are against the people by nature; they carried out a revolution
by the self-organization of the people. Today, this is the only
solution for the oppressed peoples in Ukraine and other parts of the
world. We must organize freedom every day all over the world against
states, each of which is a war machine, and increase the struggle
against capitalism and the state.

Our Ukrainian anarchist comrades issued a statement today and said:
“As anarchists, who understand more than anyone else the importance of
freedom, we know that all forces must be gathered and organized to
fight against dictators. Maybe at the moment our movement is weak and
not prepared for military action. But he will be able to make a small
contribution to tying the noose around the dictator's neck.” Today we
salute our anarchist comrades who are fighting for freedom in Ukraine.

The invaders are not only in Ukraine but all over the world. They are
the bloodsuckers who start the war, the bosses in our workplaces, the
states in our lives, the capitalists who have invaded every part of
the world. The oppressed peoples in all geographies of the world, who
produce everything on earth, must refuse to produce the knife that
rests on the throat of their brothers and fight for states that feed
on the blood of peoples.

We stand with the oppressed peoples, against the war waged with the
blood of our brothers, against NATO, the USA, the EU, the Ukrainian
state and Russia!

Karala
https://karala.org/
Translated by Anarkismo

There is 1 Comment

Defend Ukraine!
Submitted by Wayne Price (not verified) on Thu, 03/03/2022 - 20:13
Turkish anarchists should be praised for demonstrating against the
Russian attack on Ukraine under the conditions of their repressive
state. And they should be commended for refusing to support either
"side" of Russia or the U.S.-NATO, two imperialist forces. The Russian
;state "started" this war this time, but the U.S. is the biggest
imperial power in the world and connected to all imperialist
conflicts. Finally they are right to oppose the capitalist Ukrainian
state, for all its claims of "democracy."
However, they are weakening the cause of freedom by being neutral
between the Russian aggressors and the people of Ukraine. These are
mostly workers, farmers, local merchants, and poor people. They should
be able to decide their own future, whether to be politically
independent, what kind of social, political, and economic system they
want, and so on. They do not want a foreign state to come in and
forcibly rule them against their will. In the tradition of Nestor
Makhno, anarchists should stand in solidarity with the Ukrainian
people against all imperialisms.