Fwd: FOIL Request Confirmation from Open FOIL NY

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Fri Jun 24 10:56:29 PDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <noreply at its.ny.gov>
Date: Fri, Jun 24, 2022, 1:55 PM
Subject: FOIL Request Confirmation from Open FOIL NY
To: <G at xny.io>

Thank you for submitting your FOIL request through Open FOIL NY.

Here is your Open FOIL NY confirmation information for future reference:

LARSON_DFS_20220624135515550

LARSON_DHSES_20220624135515550

LARSON_NYSP_20220624135515550

*INFORMATION SUBMITTED:*
*Records Requested From*
Department of Financial Services
Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
New York State Police
*Short Title*
Brody Larson
*Description*
Dear Sir or Madam: International human rights scholars are quick to point
out that the lack of protection of cognitive liberty in such instances is
due to the relative lack of technology capable of directly interfering with
mental autonomy at the time the core human rights treaties were created.
Similar to a ransomware attack, the technology behind such operations can
be abused. Canada is said to have exploited advanced technologies without
the authority to do so. Even worse, it is alleged that Canada forcefully
abused technology in the unsanctioned production of reports that appeared
to be aimed at cognitive activities of Canadians. Reference:
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/havana-syndrome-part-2-how-a-dogs-brain-may-help-solve-the-mystery-of-canadian-diplomats-cuban-nightmare
Other reports highlight similar technologies being explored by the New York
City Police Department. In 2021, members of the National Lawyers Guild won
$650,000 in litigation financed fees from abuse of the technology in New
York. We would like to request access to any and all records pertaining to
information concerning if a St. Bernard named "Brody" could potentially be
harmed (or, harrassed) by sonic or microwave (or, any other form of
technology similar) surveillance while living in Chelsea, Manhattan.
Furthermore, we would like to receive all records pertaining to New York
State's approach to Gotham software intellectual property. Respectfully
yours, Gunnar Larson
*Uploaded Files*
*FOIL Response Format*
Email
*If fees apply, please contact me if costs will be greater than*
$50000

Your FOIL request has been forwarded to the organization(s) you selected,
and the respective Records Access Officer will contact you directly for
further processing of your request. Please allow up to five business days
for such communication(s). For your convenience, here is additional contact
information:

Department of Financial Services
One State Street
20th Floor
New York, NY 10004

Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
1220 Washington Ave
Building 7A
Albany, NY 12226

New York State Police