[log] vim changing memory contents on my laptop

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 06:26:38 PDT 2022

strange experience today where vim's yank buffer changed to contents
that were similar to what i had deleted, but different. not sure why
or how this happened.

the short recording showing the situation is at
https://asciinema.org/a/92p5X2wyVbdw9o6mGHI4QbKNW

it's hard for me to tell for certain whether vim's yank buffer was
mutated in a way similar to a language model, or whether i dissociated
and typed the incorrect text when intending to paste, and forgot.

i had a longer recording ongoing when the issue happened. it's now on
ipfs at https://dweb.link/ipfs/bafybeigtt7z4gqvq6hmvy4hucmfekw2vtuiroxvelmgrygt27y2tnmuyoa
. the issue is at the very end.

i tried to upload this reocrding to asciinema to make it easy to jump
to the end without cutting lines out of the file, but i ran into
connection termination errors trying to upload it, maybe because it is
so large:

port 443:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/ssl.py", line 1237, in sendall
    v = self.send(byte_view[count:])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/ssl.py", line 1206, in send
    return self._sslobj.write(data)
ssl.SSLEOFError: EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:2396)

port 80:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/urllib/request.py", line 1377, in http_open
    return self.do_open(http.client.HTTPConnection, req)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/urllib/request.py", line 1351, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 32] Broken pipe>