[ot][spam][crazy][is it appropriate to direct disruption towards things that have been heavily disrupted?]

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 07:33:07 PDT 2022

VectorA = CoordFrameA * VectorB

so CoordFrameA is the coordinate frame that VectorB is relative to,
expressed in terms of the coordinate frame that VectorA is relative
to.

there's a way to think about it so there are fewer different frames
and vectors everywhere confusing you, not sure what it is.

so if the camera is at CoordFrameCamera, and we had something
positioned in the world coord frame ....... what does this mean?

CoordFrameCamera is the *multiplication* applied to things expressed
*relative to the camera* to get to the world frame.

WorldVector = CoordFrameCamera * CameraRelativeVector

So, to move something to be relative to the camera, we multiply its
world location by the inverse of the camera location.

I guess it's usual when making a 3d engine to have a class
representing a transformable object.

Is there a basic operation happening here? We're moving between
coordinate frames.

If I have two coordinate frames in terms of the world frame ....

okay so the basic operations here are expressing a world vector in
terms of a local coordinate frame, and a local vector in terms of the
world coordinate frame.

transforming something to the camera expresses it in terms of the
camera coordinate frame.