Re: Mega says it can’t decrypt your files. New POC exploit shows otherwise – Ars Technica

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 22:08:25 PDT 2022

> https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2022/06/mega-says-it-cant-decrypt-your-files-new-poc-exploit-shows-otherwise/

https://www.mega-awry.io/

Relying on malware that your browser etc downloads from
the corrupt service providers and then executes... beyond stupid.
Only way to "securely" store files on storage providers
is to encrypt them locally using standard opensource tools,
then upload them. And even that presumes those tools are
not both broken and injected with snakeoil from agencies,
globally selected and endorsed by curious GovCorp crypto competition
boards like NIST, and running on TOP-SECRET blackbox malware
known as your CPU and NIC.

"
Mega claims they can’t read your files. They’re lying.
Now you know that Mega is not really a privacy company. It’s important
to understand that those who control the code can create backdoors to
defeat encryption. I know the lead developers. They lack morality.
Mathias Ortmann and Bram Van der Kolk have stolen Mega from me to
benefit a convicted Chinese criminal who was able to make a plea deal
in China after he took control of Mega. Why did the Chinese Govt make
a deal with Bill Liu who sold fake cancer medication that killed
hundreds? Because Bram and Mathias created backdoors for the Chinese
Govt so that all Mega files can be decrypted by them. Same shady guys
who just made a deal with the US and NZ Govt to get out of the US
extradition case by falsely accusing me. Delete your Mega account.
It’s not safe.  -- Kim Dotcom"