[crazy][spam] was Re: This 1.5TB microSD is surely witchcraft

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 13:57:17 PDT 2022

The comments show the article is indeed interesting:

"a mean time to failure rating of two million hours"
It'd be nice to know the lifespan in write cycles per cell as well.
Given that it uses 4 bit cells, that could be less than one might
think as we're no longer talking binary at the cell level - it's back
to analogue.

Tuesday 21st June 2022 14:27 GMTYet Another Anonymous cowardSilver badge
Reply Icon
Re: "a mean time to failure rating of two million hours"
Except for police body cams where it will fail after every shot

Tuesday 21st June 2022 15:22 GMTeldel
Reply Icon
Re: "a mean time to failure rating of two million hours"
Probably fail to turn on. Safer that way. You never know when a
"convenient failure" inadvertently fails to happen and leaves awkward
evidence.

Tuesday 21st June 2022 12:56 GMTVoiceOfTruth
I joked about it years ago, maybe it will come true
We will have ZFS on our phones to safely store the amount of data.

Tuesday 21st June 2022 14:27 GMTYet Another Anonymous cowardSilver badge
Reply Icon
Re: I joked about it years ago, maybe it will come true
A raid array of SD cards?

Actually given their small size, low write speed and unreliability -
that's not a bad idea.

Quick invent a silly name with no vowels and call the VCs

Tuesday 21st June 2022 16:10 GMTRAM Raider
Reply Icon
Re: I joked about it years ago, maybe it will come true
Card Redundancy Access Protocol?

Tuesday 21st June 2022 18:23 GMTVoiceOfTruth
Reply Icon
Re: I joked about it years ago, maybe it will come true
ZFS - ZFS Fone Storage.

Tuesday 21st June 2022 12:59 GMTTrevorH
Yes, but how much?
Enquiring minds want to know