[ot][fiction][crazy] Weird Bug Hotline

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 04:58:12 PDT 2022

I need a weird bug hotline (tail of https://m.xkcd.com/2633/ ). Here goes.

Intern: "Hi, Weird Bug Hotline. Is it currently biting you?"

Callee: "Omigod, I am so happy you picked up. My code raised a corrupt
exception, and when the exception handler caught it my mouse came
alive and wrapped itself around my neck, it grabs my arms when I try
to unplug it, I can't escape, I don't know what to do !"

Intern: "Stay calm. You're still planning on storing a core dump of
the corrupt exception, aren't you?"

Callee: "Is that bad?"

Intern: "Calm down, don't think about your core dump, don't think
about how the exception handler doesn't have any access to the USB hub
the mouse is connected to, just imagine everything is normal. Think
about how happy your boss will be when you find an approach that
doesn't raise exceptions."

Callee: "I don't have a --- oh, the mouse is releasing me a little! --
I unplugged it! I'm safe! You saved me!"