[draft] Defeating Botnets and Trojans: Episode 1

Nico Verrijdt nicoverrijdt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 01:23:38 PDT 2022

Imho the operating systems we use aren't adequate.

No single user is 100% accountable for what he/she does on the network.

I'm not an expert in this field at all, but I thought about this quite a
lot figuring things out.

Here it goes:
Suppose you implement a blockchain for identities as early in the boot
process as possible, then you find the public key of every user in the
blockchain and can communicate with every user while that user knows you
are connected to him/her.
Now you have a blockchain and can connect to virtually anyone.
But the operating system is still vulnerable to hijacking and you should
verify correctness somehow. Suppose, I'm really not sure if this
effectively works, you implement a hashing function as early as possible in
the compiler, then you can hash the code of the compiler and verify if the
compiler's code changed. Then up to the operating system which you compile
with that compiler and hash the code in its development stages. Now you're
able to connect other users in the network and compare hashes of comparable
computer systems. Maybe there are better alternatives. What happens in
memory is a black box to me, somehow I like to hash and compare that too,
and I understand that our computers become quite a lot slower.

Privacy issues do arise with this system, but it's nothing more than in
real life where you meet someone and say 'Hi, I'm ...', politeness,
naivety, in this world now where the internet is totally different, not
moral indeed.
And also, the internet is free, with such a system an internet with
different speeds might be more easily made as every user is known within a
certain time span.

I'm currently working on a blockchain of identities (
https://github.com/nvrrdt/onzecurrency) and I'd like to continue developing
this, so I hope the concept has a chance to succeed in its endeavor.