USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 22:49:25 PDT 2022

No wonder US populace ranks Govt at bottom of all lists,
Govt are straight up liars...

"Pure Lies": China Contradicts White House On Key Aspect Of Biden-Xi Call

China blasted the White House in a Friday foreign ministry press
conference, charging the US administration with lying after a Biden
spokesperson said the president raised the issue of Uyghur Muslim
genocide and forced labor camps with Xi in their over two-hour
Thursday phone call.

The controversy started when White House Press Secretary Karine
Jean-Pierre told reporters soon after the call that Biden "raised
genocide and forced labor practices by the [People’s Republic of
China]," explaining that is something the president "always does" when
he speaks with Xi.

    According to White House Press Secretary, “genocide” & “forced
labor” came up in last night’s call between Chinese & US Presidents.
That is disinformation. pic.twitter.com/sKdZQfqVnJ
    — Spokesperson发言人办公室 (@MFA_China) July 29, 2022

"This is, as we’ve said, that anytime the president has an
opportunity, he raises that when he meets with another leader, and
called on [the] PRC to cease its ongoing human rights abuses across
China," she followed with.

Except Beijing now says this was cut out of whole cloth, with Chinese
Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian vehemently rejecting this
account in a Friday statement, saying:

    "I can tell you that allegations of ‘genocide’ and ‘forced labor’
in Xinjiang are pure lies."

    "You said the White House press secretary claimed that 'genocide'
and 'forced labor' came up in last night’s call. That is false
information."

Curiously, neither the Chinese government's nor the White House's call
readouts mention anything regarding the Uyghurs in particular, but
only an ultra-broad "discussed a range of issues" phrase was used by
the Biden administration in its press release.

In follow-up, The New York Post questioned the Biden administration
about the matter, with a National Security Council spokesman saying,
"I’m not going to get into a back and forth with a PRC government
spokesperson."

The NSC official added, "The president raised concerns about human
rights with President Xi, as he always does. He was crystal clear
about his concerns. He also raised the need to resolve the cases of
American citizens who are wrongfully detained or subject to exit bans
in China."

...so somebody is indeed lying, given the clear discrepancy.

Meanwhile, as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is en route to the region on
her Asia tour, which might include an ultra-provocative stopover in
Taiwan...

    “Don’t say we didn’t warn you!” Analysts warned at a top-level
think tank forum that open options in military and comprehensive
countermeasures ranging from economy and diplomacy from China will
wait if Pelosi gambles to visit Taiwan island. https://t.co/zDDsidxb3m
    — Global Times (@globaltimesnews) July 29, 2022