Cryptocurrency: Matrix Of Privacy Coins Rising... A Serious Affair, Not For MaxiBoi Games, AP on XMR

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 00:46:33 PDT 2022

On 7/29/22, professor rat <pro2rat at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> " So Amorpheous; what you're saying is those who would sacrifice freedoms
> for security deserve, and will get,  neither freedom or security "
>
> Negatory Zero.  With Zcash we can trace either Cypher or Agent Smith to
> their regular rendezvous at Hooters where the steaks are delicious and
> nutritious.
>
> https://twitter.com/sethforprivacy/status/1506677501417988096

"Monero devs and users and operators all *think* that Monero
*can* successfully *be made* too traceable for criminals."

Only idiots would not see the fact in that statement.

And the idiocy of Zoobats who illogically conflate traceability AND
privacy/fungible as somehow affording those... are obvious.
And the Rat's silly repeated claims actually turn out to have made
zero successful attack on either ZEC or XMR or any other strong
privacy coin's privacy. That's what whitepapers and sourcecode are
for... use them, to prove privacy, or not, openly to the world.

Fanboi'ism and Maxis infesting any crypto are dangerous, especially
when it is regarding privacy. Bitcoin-BTC is obviously compromised by
that action, as are GovBankCorp CBDC Digital Fiat Coins and all of
today's Fiat systems.

Monero is well known to be infested with Fanbois expressing
elements of Maxi'ism, which is obvious, and thus not to its benefit.

That op diverts resource cycles, perhaps covertly and maliciously, away
from proper public studies of the papers and codes, and away from
the continued open competitive development of strong privacy solutions,
by suggesting everything is fine just rest on it. That's bad.

Cryptographically strong coin privacy means roughly 2^128-bit
equivalence or better... not some lame 2^8 traceable shufflepuck
over clearnet.

USGov put at least a $500k AP contract hit out on Monero privacy,
look it up. This implies they think a general break is possible for
that amount and that takers will appear there. That's bad... and is
definitely not a comfortable minimum market anyone should be
racing to adopt into.

Raise cost of privacy break to $100M per each false/political prosecution,
then you might be able to consider that a start to a worthy privacy coin.

There is no privacy-enabled coin that comes close to that
level of assurance yet.

Coin privacy is still early days.
Best get to work on that.
To the winners... privacy :)