Milli meet Reg - Reg - Milli

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 28 07:59:58 PDT 2022

Small transactions are in the news recently with a probably jurisdiction shopping ' arms race ' opening up between the biggest govt shitcoin banksters.
Regulatory arbitrage won't save any pig-govts bacon - but the most liberal could last out the longest.  Maybe.

>>>  . . . I don't think the spread of micropayments will be an exception to the rule. In fact I would argue that the only *lasting* surprise offered by AP was the fact that when mild
wants of large numbers of people can be coordinated, economic efficiency
can lead to significant, and heretofore unexpected, outcomes (i.e. getting
a notable figure killed).

In the end I think such new classes of financial transactions, borne of
lowered transaction costs, will be far more significant to the society as
a whole than anonymity. I also think this is the essence of what is
driving the wider P2P circle, at the moment, though few people seem to realize it. <<<