[ot][spam][crazy] adapters for semibalanced trees?

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 04:27:43 PDT 2022

so basically codefudge is some scripts to train an adapter based on
history of a git repository.

hist.bash breaks the git history into *.file files containing commit
message and file content, and *.commit files that contain the file
diff within the commit.    at time of writing, each file changed in
the commit is a separate pair, because i was low on gpu ram. that
system could be improved.

hist2json simply converts those files into data in the format the
huggingface training scripts take. the *.file files are the input, and
the *.commit (diff data) files are the output the model is trained on.

so, the model would possibly learn to produce file changes that match
pairs of commit messages and file contents.

i tried this briefly and my loss got to around 1.5 or so (from 9 or
10) within a few hours on google colab [before the session was
terminated and gpu access disabled for it, despite my purchase of
their $50 high-end plan, which apparently gives me the same 16GB gpu
as the public plan atm; they say it depends on usage]