[ot][spam] log: trying to take control of my free government phone

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 09:47:08 PDT 2022

i have a serrano hot pepper l55b phone purportedly with a unisoc
chipset, running android 10 based on treble.

these phones can be gotten very cheaply, with a free plan, in the usa.
although i think the phone you get from the program changes. i got
mine because i got on foodstamps, at my family's request, and i wasn't
set up with a working phone, and this worked out for me.

it would be a good thing to make the phone run a custom rom so all the
other people who use it could use a normal phone. it is not normal
when bought. it is full of advertisements, very slow, and it wouldn't
let me use it to tether. i think it has other limitations too.

i searched earlier for OEM unlocking on the phone, but did not find
it. now, with my experience just working on the unihertz titan, i
found OEM unlocking. it is under system->advanced->developer options.

although somebody told me this phone could not run a gsi, it looks
pretty likely to me that it can. if the bootloader can be unlocked,
and there is a public factory flasher, then we just need to put an
appropriate treble system partition on it, and it might run like a
thousand dollar phone from silicon valley, dunno