Calling all geeks, nerds, crypto-anarchists, libertarians and cypherpunks

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 19 07:52:27 PDT 2022

On one side are the geeks, nerds, crypto-anarchists, libertarians and cypherpunks -- mistrustful of government, suspicious of all attempts at regulation, believers in the ability of technology, in and of itself, to solve society's ills (maybe with a little marginally legal hacking on the side, just to keep the political pot boiling). Austin Hill, president of Zero-Knowledge, opened the conference like a true techno-believer, quoting John Gilmore as saying, "I want to guarantee [privacy] with physics and mathematics, not with laws."

Opposing the technologists are the believers in law above all else . . . "

https://www.salon.com/2000/04/13/libertarians/

22 years ago and over a year before I called Mongo an ’ anarcho-phoney ’ to his face