USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 19:21:20 PDT 2022

> Biden-Dems losing numbers...

Wokeism is a known contributing factor...

Far Fewer Military Families Recommend Uniformed Service

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2022/07/fewer-military-families-would-recommend-uniformed-service-survey-finds/374481/
https://www.mfan.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/MFAN-Programming-Survey-Results.pdf
https://recruiting.army.mil/pao/facts_figures/

Substantially fewer military families would recommend uniformed
service to others, a new survey by Military Family Advisory Network
(MFAN) finds.

Just 63% of surveyed service members and family members would
recommend service to someone considering it. That's a big drop from
just two years earlier, when 75% said they'd encourage others to join.
The results released on July 14 are from a far-ranging survey of more
than 8,600 people conducted in late 2021.

The finding is an ill omen for military recruiters who are already
struggling to meet their goals. The U.S. Army Recruiting Command
(USAREC) says a whopping 71% of youth do not qualify for military
service because of obesity, drugs, physical and mental health
problems, misconduct and aptitude.

Meanwhile, USAREC likes to call the Army a "family business," noting
that 79% of recruits have a relative who served. Substantially lower
enthusiasm among those who've served is certain to throw a wet blanket
on recruiting efforts.
Source: Military Family Advisory Network

When researchers delved into the thinking of service members, veterans
and family members who won't recommend military service, five top
rationales surfaced:

    Military service is hard on marriages, family relationships and
relationships with children
    Military pay is too low, especially given the job's difficulty and stress
    Some military leaders are bad, corrupt, abusive and controlling
    Benefits such as health care aren't worth the challenges
associated with service
    Frequent moves between duty stations and frequent overseas deployments

The report includes some representative quotes from respondents...

    "It is not easy. It will wreak havoc in your relationship. I would
recommend it if you plan on staying single and/or not having children"
— Spouse of an active duty Marine.

    "My husband is gone all the time requiring me to leave my job and
raise the children alone. It has put a lot of strain on our marriage."
— Navy spouse

    “PTSD created insecurities and other issues that held to the end
of the marriage.” — Army veteran

    “It is a difficult job and life, and the ‘benefits’ simply are not
worth it. Especially since said benefits just keep dwindling and
decreasing in quality the longer we are in. Military life not only
affects the mental health of the service member but also that of their
family. Additionally, I would not want anyone I care about, or even
people I don’t care about, to be subjected to toxic work
environments." — Navy spouse

    “With constantly PCSing, it is difficult to establish a long
lasting relationship. Especially the kids. Moving, changing schools in
the middle of the semester, leaving friends, etc. It’s super hard for
them.” — Army spouse

The survey also found 54% of military and veteran family respondents
have experienced loneliness and 23% of enlisted families reported
difficulty affording food.

“When we're going through this report and seeing some of the findings
and the reality that a lot of families are having a hard time making
ends meet, it's not all that startling to see that there will be a
decline [in service members, veterans and family members recommending
service],” MFAN president Shannon Razsadin tells Defense One. “But
what I was really surprised by was that it was as big of a decline as
it is.”

There are surely more declines to come—as more service members and
veterans reluctantly realize their participation in America's unjust
and disastrous military interventions has done nothing good for their
fellow citizens or the world.