[ot][spam][crazy] Fiction: Index Trees for Random-Access Data on Append-Only Storage

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 15:09:33 PDT 2022

ChunkRange (Flush.Entry) Concepts: "There was an idea of making the
flushes have similar properties to the "dat project"'s protocol, where
the trees are built full, binary, and balanced, to keep indexes small.
I had to go look through my own records to find this."

Considering Append-Only Trees: "Right. If we consolidate the
ChunkRanges between the writes, we can keep the indexes really small.
This was the big idea."