USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 19:55:56 PDT 2022

US Courts continue to smack down fraudulent Democrats voting games...

Wisconsin Elections Commission Fails To Release Guidance For Clerks
After Supreme Court Rules Ballot Drop Boxes Illegal

https://www.theepochtimes.com/wisconsin-elections-commission-fails-to-release-guidance-for-clerks-after-supreme-court-rules-ballot-drop-boxes-illegal_4594633.html
https://www.theepochtimes.com/wisconsin-supreme-court-drop-boxes-for-absentee-ballots-are-illegal_4585345.html

The Wisconsin Elections Commission (WEC) has yet to release new
guidance on how to handle absentee ballots for the Aug. 9 primary
election after the state’s Supreme Court ruled that ballot drop boxes
are illegal.
A woman holding her ballot walks past a Vote by Mail Drop Box for the
2020 U.S. Elections in Monterey Park, Calif., on Oct. 5, 2020.
(Frederic J. Brown/AFP via Getty Images)

Republicans and Democrats on the commission repeatedly hit an impasse
on July 12, when it came to deciding the meaning of the court’s July 8
ruling and how it should be interpreted and handled by more than 1,800
municipal clerks ahead of the primary.

The court ruled 4–3 that drop boxes that enable people to drop off
ballots cast by themselves and others are illegal under state law and
voters must return their ballots in person.

“We hold the documents are invalid because ballot drop boxes are
illegal under Wisconsin statutes,” Justice Rebecca Bradley wrote in
the majority opinion on July 8. “An absentee ballot must be returned
by mail or the voter must personally deliver it to the municipal clerk
at the clerk’s office or a designated alternate site.”

The court didn’t address the question of who can put an absentee
ballot in the mail.

While state law says an absentee ballot “shall be mailed by the
elector,” federal law allows for disabled people to receive assistance
with their ballot, meaning the Supreme Court’s decision could make it
more difficult for the disabled, as well as the elderly, to vote.
Potentially Confusing

At the commission meeting on July 13, Republicans said the panel
should provide guidance to clerks running the elections to help them
better understand the ruling, while Democrats argued that it’s unclear
what the commission can tell clerks, saying that the proposed guidance
went too far and could potentially confuse clerks and spark a slew of
lawsuits.

   Meanwhile, Republican Commissioner Bob Spindell offered a proposal that
   would require voters to present identification when returning a ballot to
   a clerk’s office, calling it a "security measure" that would ensure only
   the voter can return a completed ballot, in line with the court's
   decision.

   "It's inherent in something like this that we have the person who is
   actually doing that to show an ID to show in fact it is his or her
   [ballot]," he said. “Otherwise, you have the problem of it could be
   anyone's."

   That motion was ultimately rejected by WEC.

   The commission also rejected another motion to issue guidance stating that
   the voter must be the one to mail a ballot.

   "It would be inappropriate for us to start making stuff up and I think
   that’s what this memo does, unfortunately," Democratic Commissioner Mark
   Thomsen said of proposed guidance written by commission staff.

   "I think the fact that we've looked at the Supreme Court decision today
   and that we still need to digest some of it means that there will be
   guidance at some point in time, but at this moment in time, we're not
   ready to give guidance," said commission member Marge Bostelmann.

   The WEC is scheduled to meet again on July 22.