[ot][spam][crazy] journal: doubly append-only balanced trees

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:38:46 PDT 2022

I had a really great brief ability to think of trees normally, and it seems
the thing to do is to ensure that every included entry in an index is a
full tree (# leaves = 1 << height) (since new leaves are flushed in the
same data as the root, "balanced" trees have unbalanced shape with extra
leaves on internodes), and I think treat each flush as if it is building a
full tree.

This could get complicated for random writes, but isn't for just appending.
I got inhibited when working to accumulate children of last non-full tree
so as to treat a subregion of it as a full tree. Not complex to implement,
just inhibited.