Fwd: Malicious Third-Party Unsubscription Requests

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 03:21:05 PDT 2022

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Karl Semich <0xloem at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 06:19:28 -0400
To: mailman-users at python.org

Hi,

I'm experiencing mailbombing via spoofed unsubscription and
subscription requests from mailman lists. Mostly unsubscription
requests from a mailman 2.1 list.

I have a mental disability and the mailbombing is confusing and taxing to me.

Is there any configuration option I can ask the list administrator to
enable, to require my password to be provided before the confirmations
are sent to me?

If this configuration option does not exist yet, could anybody advise
what sourcefiles would need modification so as to contribute it as a
feature addition?

Thanks a bunch,
Karl Semich