USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 22:00:17 PDT 2022

>> Biden’s collapsing poll numbers seem to be in correlation with his
>> increasingly sad and bizarre public gaffes and dementia-ridden
>> behavior.
>
> https://twitter.com/ArtValley818_/status/1541886732076843008 Dementia Joe

Any honest observer knows it's not only Biden who has
been afflicted with brain disease for years, it's also Feinstein,
Pelosi, Warren, and many more...

Not Just Biden: Lawmakers Say Dianne Feinstein Is Cognitively Impaired

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/not-just-biden-lawmakers-say-dianne-feinstein-is-cognitively-impaired/

'It's bad, and it's getting worse'

Four Democratic members of Congress, three of whom are senators, say
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.), who is 88 years old, is too
cognitively impaired to serve out her term, the San Francisco
Chronicle reported Thursday.

One who has known the senator for 15 years had to reintroduce themself
to Feinstein multiple times during a recent policy meeting. Her memory
fails, and she has difficulty distinguishing longtime colleagues, the
lawmakers said. During last month's Supreme Court confirmation
hearings, she often repeated herself. "It's bad, and it's getting
worse," a Democratic senator revealed. One Democratic aide even shared
a joke: Californians have "a great junior senator in Alex Padilla and
an experienced staff in Feinstein's office."

Reports of Feinstein's deteriorating cognitive ability have circulated
for the past few years. Then-Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer (D.,
N.Y.) had to tell Feinstein twice to step down as ranking member of
the Judiciary Committee because she forgot about their first
conversation.

"It was like Groundhog Day," a source told the New Yorker in 2020,
"but with the pain fresh each time."

In September, former California Democratic senator Barbara Boxer
became the first party figure to suggest Feinstein should retire.

"If Sen. Feinstein were to call me today and asked my advice … I would
say only you can decide this," Boxer told the Los Angeles Times. "But
from my perspective, I want you to know I've had very productive years
away from the Senate doing good things. So put that into the
equation."

Feinstein has rebuffed her critics, saying she may forget things but
her cognitive abilities have not "diminished."

Lawmakers who spoke anonymously to the San Francisco Chronicle did so
before Feinstein's husband, Richard Blum, died of cancer in February.

"I have worked with her for a long time and long enough to know what
she was like just a few years ago: always in command, always in
charge, on top of the details, basically couldn't resist a
conversation where she was driving some bill or some idea," a
California House Democrat told the Chronicle. "All of that is gone."

Some lawmakers defended Feinstein's mental acuity, including
82-year-old House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.), who called the
lawmakers' claims "ridiculous," and Sen. Tim Kaine (D., Va.), who said
Feinstein mailed him a handwritten letter after he was stuck for more
than 24 hours in traffic on I-95.

Feinstein has not held a town hall meeting in her state since the
beginning of her current term. If she serves until 2024 and Democrats
maintain a Senate majority, she could become the upper chamber's
president pro tempore, making her third in line for the Oval Office
behind Pelosi and Vice President Kamala Harris.