USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 03:20:08 PDT 2022

> Democrats never commit election fraud, nope, lol...

Several NYC Election Sites Had 'No Republican Ballots' During Last
Week's Primary

https://nypost.com/2022/06/28/embattled-board-of-elections-again-frustrates-nyc-voters-with-primary-day-problems/

Last week's primary voting in New York City was a complete debacle -
as the city's Board of Elections botched everything from polling
locations opening late because of 'lost keys,' to missing equipment,
to unannounced relocations of voting sites, to a lack of Republican
ballots across at least three Big Apple election sites.

"We showed up to the poll site in Brooklyn, we showed up at 5 a.m. …
and there was no key," Spencer Mestel, a freelance writer, told the
New York Post on Tuesday afternoon, adding that he saw poll workers
turn away an elderly woman with a walker because they couldn't get in.

"The police officer on site didn’t have a key, the Board of Elections
didn’t give [the site coordinator] a key, I watched her call the Board
of Election multiple times … [but] no one helped us," added the
journalist who has served as a NYC election worker for the past
decade.

The building was eventually unlocked at 7:30 a.m. by the building's
superintendent - more than 90 minutes after voters should have been
able to start casting ballots.

Meanwhile, the Board of Elections failed to deliver equipment to one
south Brooklyn location.

    It's 6:30 AM on election day and my poll site at PS 15 in Red Hook
is not open because @BOENYC has not brought them equipment and they
don't know how long it will be. Voters are getting turned away.
    — Molly Moser (@MollyMoser6) June 28, 2022

    And at PS 22 in Crown Heights, New Yorkers weren’t able to vote
before work, because of a “technical emergency!” according to a photo
shared on Twitter by activist and writer Stephen Lurie. -NY Post

    Far poorer cities in far poorer countries regularly run efficient
elections where everyone can vote.

    The politicians and cronies of New York City and the state
*choose* our local democracy to be this bad.
    — Stephen Lurie (@luriethereal) June 28, 2022

Also disturbing -  polling locations had been changed without the BOE
informing anyone.

    Thanks @BOENYC for changing my polling place without notifying me
turnout was already gonna be great today
    — Reed Dunlea (@ReedDunlea) June 28, 2022

The BOE's response? Election day had gone "very smoothly" and voters
had been notified of site changes.

"If a human error occurs, it’s regretful and, in large measure, we
correct immediately," said BOE deputy executive director, Vinny
Ignizio. "All told, we’ll run eight elections this year and this
primary election has run very smoothly."

Speaking of human error - at least three NYC election sites told
voters they had no Republican ballots, according to the Post.

    One voter, Ed Gavin, 62, arrived at his Bronx polling site in
Spuyten Duyvil around 8:15 a.m. to cast his vote for GOP gubernatorial
candidate Rob Astorino but after checking in with a poll worker, he
was handed a Democratic ballot instead, he said. -NYP

"My party never came up, my political preferences were never discussed
… I opened the sleeve and I saw the names of Tom Suozzi, Kathy Hochul
and Jumaane Williams. These were all Democrats for governor," said
Gavin, a retired Department of Correction deputy warden. "I flipped it
over because I thought maybe the Republicans were on the back but
there were no Republicans."

"They told me ‘we don’t have any Republican ballots,'" he added. "I
said to the gentleman, ‘that is very concerning.’"

The Post verified the lack of Republican ballots at the polling site
Gavin visited.

"We couldn’t find the ballots earlier, but we have them now," said a
poll worker.

Gavin was pissed..

"This is the most important gubernatorial election of my lifetime
because crime is on the ballot, bail reform is on the ballot, criminal
justice is on the ballot," he said, adding "[Former Gov. Andrew] Cuomo
essentially ruined this state … with the state of the city right now,
we need a Republican in power."

After he reported the problem to the BoE, a rep said they would
"correct it immediately."

Republican strategist Candice Giove had the same thing happen in
Bushwick, Brooklyn around 11 a.m.

"I was handed a Democratic ballot and I realized when I opened the
folder and I saw Kathy Hochul’s name," she told the Post, adding that
she told the poll worker 'I'm not a Democrat, I'm a Republican,' to
which the poll worker replied, "We don't have any Republican ballots."

After they went back and looked, workers found a stack of Republican
ballots "shrink wrapped under a bunch" of other things - after which
she was able to cast her vote.

The list goes on:

    Harlem resident Eric Larsen, a registered Republican, told The
Post an election worker provided him with a Democratic Primary ballot,
before falsely insisting a Republican Primary wasn’t being held
Tuesday.

    A different staffer then apologized, acknowledged the existence of
the GOP primary, and scrambled to find a Republican ballot in a
cabinet.

    “I know that Central Harlem is predominantly Democratic, but I
found it hard to believe that a polling location even in a mostly
Democratic location wouldn’t have had enough Republican ballots by the
middle of the day on primary day,” said Larsen, who works in finance.
“I did eventually get one … [but] they gave me a hard time.” -NY Post

In short, levels of 'human error' are once again off the charts.