1776: When Freedom From The State?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 23:50:47 PDT 2022

Dear America, Happy Birthday, Kind Regards From The Brits

https://grrrgraphics.com/happy-independence-day/

Here in the UK we should celebrate American Independence with more enthusiasm.

After all, as MorningPorridge.com's Bill Blain explains, it was an
absolute stroke of genius – on our part!

Independence Day was the culmination of our great plan to improve the
UK. It was brilliant for its time. Over centuries we’d come to realise
the main issues in the UK were down to a whole host of conflicting
demographic and people problems – which we easily solved by exporting
them elsewhere.

In the 1600s the new Britain (not yet the United Kingdom) emerged from
millennia of mostly slaying each other: Britons against Saxons, Saxon
against Angles, Angles against Scots, Scots against Picts, Everyone
against Vikings, Scotland vs England, Britain against Spain, France
and anyone else wanting to have a go, Religious Wars and Civil Wars.

Suddenly, peace (of a sort) broke out. The aristocracy moved from damp
draughty castles into nice modern stately homes. The peasantry moved
from disease riven mud-hovels into brick-built boxes in new cities.
People stopped dying of preventable diseases and a lack of soap, and
the population began to boom.

The UK is a small island, and we don’t really have the space. We
wanted to avoid the kind of unpleasantness we’d seen generated by
civil wars, rebellions and overly dangerous political and religious
ideas – like levelling up or social equality, questioning the divine
authority of kings, or further outbreaks of religious intolerance.

Hence, we came up with the wizard wheeze of exporting all the useless
pains-in-our-backsides to New World across the Atlantic. So:

    We got rid of surplus impoverished second, third and n+1 sons of
the minor aristocracy (drones by any standard), and the middle classes
by offering them land in the fertile south and shipping them off to
found new agricultural estates.

    We winnowed the cities of surplus labour by offering “opportunity”
in the new world – shipping them off to work the land, build the
cities and direct the industry and commerce of the new provinces.

    We got rid of our religious nutters. The frankly dull, boring and
mostly harmless ones dressed in black were shipped off to the new
world and promised they could do whatever they wished in terms of
their religion. They happily established themselves in New England and
in typical Puritan style started burning old women as witches because
the milk had gone sour. The more radical Catholic dissenters were
shipped south.

    The Scottish/English borderers – who’d spent centuries raiding
each other – were offered Northern Ireland, or if particularly
violent, given land in the New World with added attraction of being
able to fight the French to the West and North.

And every time we experienced a national tragedy, like wars and
clearances in Scotland, or famine in Ireland – there was plenty of
space for the inconvenient survivors in the colonies. As the colonies
grew, it was easy to persuade bright young folk that a lifetime spent
paying back the costs of their economic migration was worthwhile.

Brilliant. Britain’s population excess solved.

We got rid of our unnecessary surplus, and foisted them off on the
Americas.. which then had the absolute temerity to complain about
being taxed by London. Ungrateful little tykes. Enough is enough.
Despite the fact we’d help them get established and protected them
from the marauding French, we had our second genius moment. Why pay
for the America’s to be our national dumping ground…? Let them pay for
themselves!

So we engineered a rather lame revolution, helped them write a rather
ironic constitution that befuddles them still to this day, persuaded
them to sort themselves out by adopting ridiculous political
structures, and left them to get on with it, confident, in time they’d
see things our way and become an English Speaking bastion on the
unfashionable side of the Atlantic..

Which from our perspective; has pretty much panned out as planned.

But the fervid mix of hotheads, genetic misfits, bad ideas and even
worse behaviours we shipped out do seem to be battering into each
other rather appallingly these days..

With all that in mind, in an effort to be fair and balanced, we give
the last few words to American artist Ben Garrison, who reminds us all
that 'a house divided cannot stand', so "choose wisely"...

The Fourth of July used to stand for all Americans coming together to
celebrate our independence day from tyranny.

Now, too many demand the return of the very same tyranny our
forefathers rebelled against. We’ve been around long enough and seen
enough independence days to notice that America is now more divided
than ever.

In our younger days we observed how Democrats and Republicans didn’t
often agree with each other, but such disagreements were done with a
certain modicum of class and mutual respect. Both parties placed the
overall interests of America first. This is no longer the case.

Biden said he was not a ’nationalist’ and he placed globalism above
America’s interests.

Biden does not want to make America great again. It’s why we’re seeing
such high gas prices at the pumps. It’s why we’re involved in another
war that does not serve our interests. Biden doesn’t want America to
be energy independent. He wants the globalist’s ‘climate change’
agenda to be forced upon us regardless of the consequences. Biden
doesn’t want to control the borders. He wants America overrun and its
middle class destroyed. The Democrats want everyone dependent on Big
Government. Under Obama and now Biden, the Democrats hate America
outright. They especially hate what it once stood for—freedom and
liberty. Patriots were called ‘bitter clingers’ by Obama.

The anti-American ‘woke’ Democrats want statues that commemorate
America’s history pulled down. They want ‘green’ energy, which means
much higher gas prices. They want more crime and wide open borders, an
endless war a half a world away, abortion on demand, and even the end
the very family structure itself. They are blurring and destroying the
very definition of what men and women are, the Democrats have shown
that they are anti-human. They urge women to get abortions in order to
stay in the corporate workplace. This is anti-family.

Many ‘RINO’ Republicans work with the Democrats, but overall the two
parties are more divided than ever.

We don’t see much changing that would remedy this situation. Our
country is not going to come together again. The Democrats continue to
impeach and impugn their arch-enemy, Trump, even though he’s not in
office. They’ve resorted to the crassest lies to ensure he doesn’t run
again and if they keep stealing elections, real fireworks will
eventually begin.

Our forefathers objected to taxation without representation and we
must do the same if our Constitution is ignored while tyranny,
criminality, and corruption run rampant among those who would rule us.

With this is mind, cherish your families and this Independence Day
weekend, don’t let it be your last.