A Government Study Shows that Wall Street Megabanks Have Dramatically Shifted their Derivative Exposure to Corporations

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Thu Jan 27 07:23:34 PST 2022

The last thing a volatile stock market needs right now is more surprises
from the dark corners of Wall Street. Unfortunately, we can guarantee you
that more surprises are coming in the way of uncleared derivatives blowing
up on the balance sheets of publicly-traded corporations.

How do we know this? The information in the chart above comes from a study
quietly released last July by the Office of Financial Research
<https://www.financialresearch.gov/working-papers/files/OFRwp-21-03_counterparty-choice-bank-interconnectedness-and-systemic-risk.pdf>
(OFR).
That’s the federal agency that provides research to bank regulators to
prevent systemic financial contagion from taking down the Wall Street
megabanks and the U.S. economy in another replay of 2008.
https://wallstreetonparade.com/2022/01/a-government-study-shows-that-wall-street-megabanks-have-dramatically-shifted-their-derivative-exposure-to-corporations/

--
*Gunnar Larson - xNY.io <http://www.xNY.io> | Bank.org <http://Bank.org>*
MSc